Business and Economics
Edinboro University's business program is strongly grounded in economics which adds theoretical depth to the immediacy of the business disciplines. The department also offers an economics major and minor.
The Department of Business & Economics enjoys accreditation from the ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs) for our AS Business Administration and BS Business Administration programs. It should be noted, however, that our BS in Economics, while offered by the department, is not an accredited program with ACBSP.
The Financial Services program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. Our graduates meet the educational requirements to sit for the CFPtm Certification Examination.
Securities and Exchange Commission, Defense Finance Administration, Great Lakes Case and Cabinet, Erie Redevelopment Authority, Internal Revenue Service, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Bethesda Children's Home, Summit Financial Advisors.
The Distinguished Business Speaker Series has such guests to the campus as:
- Jeffrey Abraham, owner and president, Technical Resources
- Holly Parker, executive director of labor relations, Verizon Telecommunications
- Richard Sabo, head of employee communications and market development, Lincoln Electric Company
Exchange opportunities are available with Wurzburg Scheinfurt University of Applied Science in Germany and with the Autonomous University of Yucatan in Mexico.
Business graduates are enjoying careers all over the world with such employers as: Shell Oil Company, Merrill Lynch, Marriott Hotels, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and Robert Morris University. One of our recent graduates was named one of the top "25 under 35 movers and shakers" by Inside Business magazine.
For More Information Click Here ...
- AS - Business Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Accounting
- BS - Business Administration - Accounting/Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- BS - Business Administration - Comprehensive Business Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Financial Services
BS - Business Administration - Forensic Accounting
(Limited to currently enrolled students)
- BS - Business Administration - Management Information Systems
- BS - Business Administration - Marketing
- BS - Economics
- Other - Business Administration - General (Pre)
The Office of Records and Registration maintains curriculum requirement forms for all undergraduate majors and degree programs offered by Edinboro University. The programs listed here include corresponding links to a printable form. Changes to curriculum requirements and semester sequences are not uncommon. These links are the curriculum requirements and semester sequence sheets for your major.