Contact Info

          Department of Art
          Doucette Hall, Room 113
          215 Meadville Street
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2406

          James Parlin
          Department Chair
          Office: Doucette Hall, Room 113
          Phone: (814) 732-2406
          Email: jparlin@edinboro.edu

          Follow the EU Art Department

          Facebook icon
          Resources and Facilities


          The EU Art Department maintains extensive studio facilities in animation, ceramics, drawing and illustration, film and video production, graphics and web design, jewelry and metalsmithing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture and wood furniture design, as well as a professional art gallery and a student gallery space.

          Animation student working on the computer

          Edinboro University Art Department students enjoy state-of-the-art learning facilities, located primarily in Loveland, East, Doucette and Hamilton Halls.

          metals studentsLoveland Hall is the University’s center of artistic creativity and expression. Built in 1931, the building’s spacious rooms are filled with shop areas for studio art courses such as printmaking, woodworking, painting, metals and jewelry. Loveland is also home to Bates Gallery, where student art work and thesis shows are presented. The attached Loveland Annex contains studios and work areas for ceramics and sculpture.

          Home to the Art Department offices, Doucette Hall features lecture halls, film and animation labs, graphics and web design studios and classrooms, and is also notably the site of Bruce Gallery, which houses the permanent art collection of the University and hosts local, regional and national art exhibitions by emerging and established artists, as well as annual faculty and student art shows.

          East Hall was designed specifically to cater to the needs of the University’s ceramics and sculpture students. The modern brick building includes ceramics and sculpture studios, classrooms and a separate area for glazing.