The School of Education at Edinboro University requires students to maintain a high academic standing in order to graduate. A strong academic record will lead our teaching candidates to success in the classroom both pre- and post-graduation.
Edinboro University is proud to maintain high standards for academic success in the School of Education, molding fresh minds into sharp, moral, educated instruments that will be used to help others learn.
In order to be accepted into or continue with a chosen program within the School of Education, the following academic expectations must be met:
- Undergraduate students must maintain a 2.8 GPA.
- Graduate or Post-Baccalaureate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
In order to graduate with a degree in a chosen program within the School of Education, the following academic requirements must be met:
- All students must have a 3.0 minimum GPA.
- In order to graduate, you must complete a multi-step process consisting of applying for graduation via the online Graduation Application located on S.C.O.T.S., completing all academic requirements for your degree, and fulfilling all financial obligations to the University.
- State testing must be attempted and ALL clearances must be current through completion of the student teaching process.
It is recommended that you meet with your academic advisor regularly to ensure that you are completing graduation requirements.