Contact Info

International Student Services
219 Meadville Street
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: (814) 732-2770

International Admissions
Allison Flynn
Assistant Director of Undergraduate and International Student Admissions
Phone: (814)732-1711

Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

International Students

international students
From left: Goezde Tekin (Germany), Aoi Fujikawa (Japan), Masayuki Habukawa (Japan), Pengfei Jia (China), Sayaka Kashima (Japan)


Below, find detailed information on how to apply to Edinboro University and start your overseas educational experience.

For your convenience, the applications for all courses may be completed online. This applies to all international students. 

Step 1 - Submit your Application Form.

Step 2 -  Submit your Transcript(s). 

i. Transcript? What is it?
A transcript is a copy of a student's permanent academic record that presents all courses taken, all grades, honors and degrees received by a student. It includes all student records from the first day of high school until the current school year.

ii. I am still in school and I do not have all my grades yet. What do I do?
If incomplete transcripts are filed, it is the student's responsibility to have final transcripts, which include final grades for the most recent courses scheduled, sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

iii. How can I get a transcript?
In order to submit your transcripts, you must request it from your previous school (high school or college). The school will then forward the transcripts directly to the EU Undergraduate Admissions Office.

iv. Are there any requirements for these records?
These records must be translated to English and must demonstrate fulfillment of all graduation requirements, which would be the equivalent of the first twelve (12) years of American education.

  • Applicants from an institution that does not issue a transcript in English must submit the native language transcript with an official English translation. Official translations are prepared by a recognized translation service and include all original seals and/or signatures.
  • Consolidated transcripts or provisional mark-sheets are not considered official. Please ask the registrar to send individual mark-sheets that list grades earned in each term.
  • Transcripts are considered official if they have an original signature of a school official or an original school seal. Accepted signatures include the Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examinations or The Ministry of Education. Photocopies or other duplications of a transcript, such as notarized copies, faxed, or scanned documents are not considered official.
  • Official transcripts are required from each post-secondary university or college attended. An official statement of the award of the degree or diploma is required for each degree completed. College work from one institution posted on the transcript of another institution will not be accepted.
  • Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Tests should be taken at least eight weeks prior to the appropriate application deadline to ensure timely receipt and processing of results. We will use your highest test score from one test date. Copies of test scores are not considered official, but they may help the University locate your official test scores and are therefore useful when the application is processed.

v. I am a transfer student. What should I do?

In order for EU to consider university courses for possible transfer credit, we require that all internationally-educated applicants have their foreign credentials from a college or university evaluated by an accredited credential evaluation service. For a list of accredited foreign credential evaluation services, please check with NACES. Transfer applicants must have a “Course-by-Course Report” completed by the service. Many Edinboro University applicants choose World Education Services (WES) as their evaluation service. Please have the evaluation service you choose directly forward their results to the EU Undergraduate Admissions Office.

If you are currently attending school in the United States, you will also need to fill out the "School Transfer Notification" form.

Step 3 - Submit a proof of English ProficiencyAll applicants whose native language is not English should submit to the University proof of English proficiency.                                                            

i. How do I prove the level of my English proficiency?
Acceptable proof of English proficiency includes the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS),  Pearson Test of English or STEP-EIKEN.

ii. What is the required grade that will allow me to enroll?
The following chart states the minimum required test results from each respective testing organization:

Testing Organization

Undergraduate Requirement

Graduate Requirement

TOEFL (paper-based)



TOEFL (computer-based)















Step 4 - Submit the Affidavit of Support.
This document, accompanied by the sponsor's certified bank statement, should be sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, in order for the student to receive a visa document to enter the United States.

i. What is an Affidavit of Support?
An Affidavit of Support is an official financial statement that proves students will have sufficient funds available to meet all tuition and living expenses required by Edinboro University.

Step 5 - Pay an Application Fee. An application fee of $30.00 (USD) must accompany all applications.

i. Payment options:

    1. Money order: A money order in the value of $30.00 (USD) sent to: Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

      What is a money order? A money order is a form of payment for a specific amount of money set by the University. For more information, click here.

    2. Credit card: Contact the Bursar's Office at (814) 732-5555, extension 472. The Bursar's Office will notify the Undergraduate Admissions Office when the transaction has been completed.


A Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1) (for obtaining a visa) cannot be issued until the Admissions Office of Edinboro University has confirmed admission based on academic preparation, financial clearance, and English proficiency.

In addition, all documents submitted to the University on behalf of a student's request for admission becomes the property of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and cannot be returned.