International Transfer Students
A transfer student is anyone who has attended a post-secondary institution after graduating from high school.
All accepted International Transfer students are eligible for academic merit and need -based scholarships. To be reviewed for scholarship you must be an accepted student and provide financial records including an Affidavit of Support.
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- Completed application with the $30 application fee
- Apply online.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Edinboro from the high school attended or authenticated by your home country’s Ministry of Education or the U.S. Embassy in your country. If applicable, also include official exam results and evidence of graduation.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Edinboro, from the international or U.S. College or University attended.
- For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from any NACES approved evaluation service. The majority of our applicants use World Education Services, Inc.
- Official test scores of English proficiency, which include the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English or STEP-EIKEN, SAT or an ACT. This requirement can be waived for transfer students who have completed 30 or more academic credits at a U.S. university if an English Composition course was completed with a minimum grade of C.
- Additional materials may be requested after an initial review of application and transcript(s).
The application for admission and all supporting documents must be received no later than the date indicated for the corresponding semester.
- Fall semester (begins in late August) – July 1
- Spring semester (begins in mid-January) – November 1
Please contact our office directly if you haven't submitted all of your documents by these dates. We may still be able to work with you to help you complete your application in time.
Once you’re admitted, there are additional steps you will need to take. Our Global Education Office is here to welcome and assist you.