Am I a transfer or a freshman?
High school students who complete post-secondary coursework prior to their high school graduation are considered freshmen. Transfer students have graduated from high school or earned their GED and have subsequently enrolled in post-secondary coursework. Students must submit all college records for review; they cannot elect to apply to the University as a freshman.

What GPA is required to transfer?
In general, a 2.0 GPA or higher is preferred for transfer student admission. A lower GPA may be considered in certain circumstances. A higher GPA may be required or preferred, depending on the major (e.g. Education).

Are there majors for which transfer students are ineligible?
Transfer students are traditionally not admissable for the Traditional Nursing program, however, students transferring in 24 credits or less will be coinsidered on a case by case basis.  Students may apply for the RN to BSN completion program if they possess an RN license.  Students may also apply for the Innovative nursing program if they possess a bachelors degree. 

Will my credits transfer?
Edinboro University accepts credits in transfer from institutions of higher education which are accredited by regional accrediting bodies. Coursework completed at institutions which are not regionally accredited may be accepted by the University following evaluation by the academic deans in consultation with department chairpersons.

How do I find out how many credits will transfer?
The credit evaluation is part of the admission process. Upon receipt of your application, official high school transcript and official college transcript(s), an official credit evaluation will be completed and provided to you.

How can I appeal my transfer credit equivalencies?
Prior to enrollment, all appeals regarding undergraduate transfer credit equivalencies should be directed to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. After enrollment, such appeals should be directed to the Dean of your department. In either case, you must submit the request for an appeal accompanied by a detailed outline or syllabus for the course in question. In either case, the appeal and course outline or syllabus will be reviewed by your Dean, where the final authority for the decision resides.

What is an Academic Passport?
Pennsylvania State System students with a minimum of 12 semester hours and a GPA of 2.0 or higher shall have an Academic Passport to transfer to or among the 14 schools that are part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Also, community college students who have earned an associate of arts or an associate of science degree shall have an Academic Passport which will allow them to transfer to any Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education university. Edinboro University will strive to apply credit toward graduation for all college coursework completed at the sending institution.

Will Edinboro University accept "D" grades?
Only grades of "C-" or higher will be considered for transfer, except if the course is from a two-year, publicly-supported Pennsylvania community college or Pennsylvania State System university where the student is considered to have an Academic Passport. "D" grades for such students will be treated as the University treats "D" grades for its indigenous students.

What happens if Edinboro University does not have a course equivalent to the course I have taken at another institution?
Open elective credits may be awarded for valid academic courses for which Edinboro University has no direct equivalent.

Can I transfer my quality point average (QPA)?
No. Transfer credits carry no quality point value. Courses and credits may transfer, but not grades. New transfer students begin with a "clean slate" (0.00 GPA).

Will Edinboro University accept all my credits from my associate degree?
A student who completes an associate degree from a publicly-supported Pennsylvania community college can expect to have all coursework considered for transfer. "D" grades for such students will be treated as the University treats "D" grades for its indigenous students.

Students who wish to attend a community college and then transfer, either before or after completing an associate degree, are urged to work closely with the transfer counselor, choose their bachelor's degree program as soon as possible, and be careful to follow an approved parallel program.

If I already have a baccalaureate degree, can it be used toward a second degree?
A student who has a baccalaureate degree from another institution and is attempting to complete a second baccalaureate degree at Edinboro University will have all applicable degree credits from the first degree applied toward meeting the requirements of the second degree program. However, students seeking a second baccalaureate degree must earn 30 of the last 45 credits through completion of regular Edinboro University coursework (residency requirement) and complete any outstanding requirements for the degree program they seek to complete as determined by the academic department. Additionally students must complete 50 percent of the major requirements at Edinboro University.

Are correspondence courses acceptable for transfer credits?
Transfer credit completed by correspondence is accepted from regionally accredited institutions of higher education up to a maximum of 30 semester hours. Transfer credit is also awarded for coursework completed by correspondence for members of the Armed Forces of the United States enrolled in an approved Department of Defense program.

I have completed continuing education units (CEUs). Are they transferable?
Transfer credit is not awarded for the completion of non-academic credits such as continuing education units (CEUs).

The institution I attended operates on a quarter-hour system. How does this affect my transfer credits?
Quarter-hour credits will be converted to semester hours by multiplying the quarter hours by .667. (Example: five quarter hours equal three semester hours.)

My credits are 15 years old. Will Edinboro University still accept them?
Generally, most credits are accepted, however those in excess of 10 years old will be evaluated by the student's major department chairperson and academic dean for their applicability toward meeting current degree requirements.

Once I have enrolled in Edinboro University is it possible to take courses off campus at another university?
It is possible for students at Edinboro University to take courses at other institutions for transfer to their programs at Edinboro.  Students should go to the (Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center) website.  Select "Course Equivalencies".  Enter the appropriate college information.  You can view the approved course equivalencies that will transfer to Edinboro University.  We strongly suggest that students discuss their course selections with their advisor so as to ensure they will fulfill degree requirements at Edinboro.

Undergraduate students may repeat failed course work at another institution.  Students should utilize a transfer articulator such as the PA TRAC, which is found at or the Edinboro University Transfer Articulator on the EUP website.  These transfer articulators will assist in course selections at a community college or another college/university for transfer back to EUP.  We strongly suggest that student6 consult with their Academic Advisor or Dean prior to registering for classes.

Following completion of the coursework the student is instructed to have an official transcript sent to the Admissions Office.  Transcripts are reviewed and, if the student earns a grade "C" or better, the credits are added to the academic record; and if the student is repeating failed coursework, then the failed course at Edinboro is coded so as not to impact the student's Edinboro University GPA.

Is it possible to graduate with honors from Edinboro University?
To be eligible for honors recognition at graduation, a transfer student must have attempted and earned at least 60 semester hours of credit at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and have earned a cumulative quality point average of at least 3.40 (4.00 scale) for all credits graded on the A through F scale earned at Edinboro University.

Is there a limit on the number of transfer credits Edinboro University will accept?
No! However, students must complete 30 of the last 45 semester hours in courses scheduled by the University for a baccalaureate degree or an associate degree. Courses from accredited institutions which were designated as transferable may or may not be counted as part of the requirements for graduation.

Is there a minimum number of credits that must be completed prior to transferring?

Does Edinboro University evaluate military service for academic credit?
University credit may be granted for work completed in formal service schools and training programs on the basis of the recommendations of the American Council on Education as published in the "Guide to the Evaluation of Experience in the Armed Forces." Presentation of documentation certifying honorable discharge (the member four copy of the DD214) will result in the award of three credits to meet health and physical education requirements.