Office of Adult Student Services

405 Scotland Road
211 Pogue Student Center
Edinboro, PA 16444
(814) 732-2701
Fax (814) 732-2909

Office Hours:
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Or other times by appointment)

Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

TAA/WIA Funding


What is the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)?

TAA is a federally-funded employment program that assists workers whose jobs have been impacted by foreign imports, while WIA provides federal job training funds for adults and dislocated workers.  Edinboro offers several certificate programs as well as undergraduate and graduate degree programs that are approved for TAA and WIA funding.  For more information on TAA and WIA, visit the following sites:
Trade Adjustment Assistance
Workforce Investment Act

Steps for TAA/WIA Applicants

  1. TAA benefits begin with the employer applying for participation in the program.  You should verify that your employer has been approved to participate in TAA and/or WIA by contacting the CareerLink Office in your county.
    If your employer has approved TAA and/or WIA benefits, visit the PA CareerLink website at the Commonwealth Workforce Development System webpage to review area providers and programs approved for education and retraining.  A list of approved Edinboro University degree and certificate programs for the current academic year can also be found at the following link: Edinboro University Approved Programs
  2. Once you have identified the provider and program in which you are interested, speak with your CareerLink Office to complete the necessary paperwork.
  3. If you choose Edinboro University as a provider, apply for admission ($100 deposit is waived for TAA/WIA applicants offered admission).

    For NEW students applying for undergraduate programs (associate and bachelor degrees), contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at:
    Academy Hall
    200 East Normal Street
    Edinboro, PA 16444
    (814) 732-2761 or toll free at 1-888-8GO-BORO
    Fax: (814) 732-2420
    Contact person: Mr. Ted Urban, Assistant Director of Admissions

    For PREVIOUSLY ENROLLED Edinboro University students interested in undergraduate programs, fill out the Reinstatement Application available online.

    For graduate programs (master degrees and certificate programs), contact the School of Graduate Studies and Research at:
    Reeder Hall
    219 Meadville Street
    Edinboro, PA 16444
    (814) 732-2856
    Fax: (814) 732-2611
  4. TAA/WIA recipients are required to apply for federal and state aid by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid online.  The amount of your TAA/WIA award may be reduced by the amount of grants/scholarships received.
  5. If you are accepted to Edinboro University, you should meet with your department chairperson or program head immediately to complete either a two year  plan of study or a three year plan of study (depending on your approved funding).  Individuals receiving TRA unemployment benefits are required to be enrolled full time during the fall and spring semesters (at least 12 credits for undergraduate programs and at least 9 credits for graduate programs), as well as each summer session (at least three credits for each of the three sessions).
  6. Submit your plan of study to the Adult Student Services Office:
    405 Scotland Road, 211 Pogue Student Center
    Edinboro, PA 16444
    (814) 732-2701
    Fax: (814) 732-2909
    A budget will be developed by our Accounting Office (based on your submitted plan of study) to cover your entire program (including tuition, fees and books) and entered on the PA CareerLink website.  The local PA CareerLink counselor will review this information and notify Harrisburg.  Upon approval, Edinboro University is then authorized to bill PA CareerLink for the successful completion of an academic term.  Billing, therefore, will not be done until the end of the term.  Students who withdraw from courses, receive incompletes, or fail, must contact the PA CareerLink counselor to determine the impact on their funding.
  7. You can charge your textbooks at the Campus Bookstore to your TAA or WIA account by presenting your student ID card at the register.
  8. Verification of attendance is required for TAA students.  Students need to visit the Office of Adult Student Services each week that school is in session to sign the attendance log book.