SCHOOL of BUSINESS
- Business & Economics Department Homepage
to the excitement and challenge of business...
to the opportunity for success in college and in your career...
to Edinboro University's
School of Business!
Explore our website -- use the menu to the left -- and learn about the degree programs and services offered by the School of Business:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Forensic Accounting, Comprehensive Business Management, Financial Services, Management Information Systems, and Marketing;
- Associate of Science in Business Administration;
- Bachelor of Science in Economics.
MISSION AND VISION STATEMENTS
The mission of the School of Business is to deliver quality undergraduate education in the areas of business and economics. The department of Business and Economics is to provide opportunities for students for personal, professional and career advancement through comprehensive curricula, quality instruction and academic advisement. The department is committed to providing this educational experience through a faculty engaged in scholarship, professional development activities and service that enhance disciplinary and practitioner knowledge and develop pedagogical and advisement skills.
Our vision is to be a leading undergraduate business and economics education institution in the region, fostering student commitment to lifelong intellectual growth and professional development in an increasingly complex world.
The School of Business offers undergraduate programs developed to serve a diversity of both traditional students and working adults within the scope of the university's global service region. This is accomplished through the provision of quality educational experiences in day, evening, and on-line courses.
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, through its Department of Business and Economics, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer the following business degrees:
- The Associate of Science in Business Administration.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Forensic Accounting, Comprehensive Business Administration, Financial Services, Management Information Systems and Marketing.
ACBSP is a leading accreditation association for business education. The programs of study at accredited schools have been examined for currency, relevance, comprehensiveness and rigor. The credentials of the faculty teaching at accredited schools have been examined for preparation and professional development currency and relevance. Students attending ACBSP accredited schools can expect programs of study that will prepare them well for the challenges of a career in business, in an environment that enhances student learning.
The department also offers the BS Economics degree which is not accredited by ACBSP.