Highlights and Accomplishments
- Highlights and Accomplishments
Center for Career Development 2009-10 Highlights/Accomplishments
- The Center for Career Development relocated to the Pogue Student Center.
- Dr. Gallagher met with nearly 300 students at EUP’s three Professional Development Schools (Strong Vincent, Pfeiffer Burleigh, and Roosevelt) to share educational and career decision making information in an effort to increase the awareness about career development and educational planning.
- The Center offered a variety of activities to celebrate National Career Development Month, including offering its first “Resumenia Night.”
- Dr. Gallagher met with ESP and undeclared students enrolled in each of the required EE 102 and UNIV 100 courses to share career decision making information, administer assessments, and increase students’ awareness about career resources on campus.
- 59 presentations were delivered to classes and other groups of students during the academic year reaching nearly 2,500 students.
- Student satisfaction rates for the Center for Career Development for summer 2009, fall 2009 and spring 2010 were 100%, 99%, and 100% respectively.
- The first virtual career fair for education majors was offered, and the second is ready to be implemented. A job fair for education majors was held in collaboration with the other four western Pennsylvania SSHE schools.
- The Center completed its five-year SSHE Program Review, which included bringing in an external consultant.
- Dr. Gallagher co-delivered a poster presentation at the annual American Counseling Association Conference.