In order to qualify for an internship, students enrolled in baccalaureate programs must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours, with at least 15 of these hours having been completed at Edinboro University. Undergraduate students enrolling for internships must have earned a minimum overall QPA of 2.00, a minimum QPA in their major of 2.5 and must meet departmental internship criteria.
Students must pay tuition fees for all credits earned through an internship arrangement in accordance with the University schedule of semester or summer sessions.
Students who qualify for internship credits are encouraged to contact their respective department internship directors.
Students interested in internship sites which are outside of a 150-mile radius of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania must receive special permission from the department dean and Provost.
Any student wishing to receive financial aid for their internship must complete the following steps:
- Apply for Internship through academic department
- Bring a copy of approval to Office for Student Financial Support and Services (OSFSS)
- OSFSS will give you a "Temporary Award Letter"
- Take the "Temporary Award Letter" to Bursar's Office with check (if necessary) to complete payment
- Go to Scheduling Office to schedule Internship
Valuable Links to International Internships:
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE)- IAESTE offers worldwide internships to juniors and seniors in Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Natural and Physical Sciences. They also offer a work-permit service.
- InterExchange - Offers abroad opportunities in teaching English and childcare as well as volunteer and internship options. Offered in sixteen countries.
- American Institute for Foreign Study - Offers internships in Sydney, London, Cannes, Rome and Florence.
- Center for Education Abroad - Internships in Australia and the UK offered by Arcadia University.
- AustraLearn - Internships in Australia and New Zealand.
- IES Abroad - Intern abroad in a variety of countries in Art/Theatre, Education, Law, Service, Business, Government/Politics, and Science.
- EPA Internships - Offers internships in Britain, Germany, Belgium and Spain.
- Global Experiences - Offers internships in Italy, Australia, Spain and France in many areas, including fashion and culinary. Also offers ESL teaching, volunteering abroad programs in Ecuador, and adventure travel.
- CLIDA - A language school in Italy that also offers 1, 2 and 3 month internships in Florence.
National Internships - source for information on paid and unpaid, pre-professional employment opportunities for college students and recent graduates.
Pittsburgh Technology Council - career postings for almost all majors.
|Rising Star Internships - internship postings and links.|