- Student Philanthropy
The Student Philanthropy Council gives students an in-depth look at the fundraising operations at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, along with an opportunity to be involved in marketing and campaigns aimed at raising awareness about the role philanthropy plays at our University. The Student Philanthropy Council helps to communicate the goals, purpose and programs of the Development and Marketing Office and develops activities which benefit the University academically, socially and culturally.
To provide student leadership opportunities, raise awareness, and instill a greater appreciation for the philanthropic spirit throughout the University community to enhance the future of Edinboro University.
The Student Philanthropy Council will:
1. Create awareness for what alumni gifts do for students;
Show how students benefit from private support
Explain how scholarships and endowments work
Create a sense of security for supporting Edinboro University
Make alumni feel appreciated for their support
2. Increase awareness for the philanthropy that students are doing on campus;
3. Help students get involved in the Edinboro University community;
4. Foster a spirit of philanthropy with students before graduation;
5. Allow for significant marketing, public relations and event planning experience
6. Achieve a greater understanding of University development
Form an appointed council of students from different majors/programs of the University to aid in the planning and execution of Student Philanthropy Day.
- Beginning Spring 2007, interview students who wish to participate, plan and execute events that promote student philanthropy.
- The Development and Marketing Graduate Assistant will act as the Assistant Director and will report and facilitate the philanthropy events.
The Council members will be responsible for the learning the importance of philanthropy at the University level and will benefit from being part of a leadership program that asks of their creativity, experience and communication skills.
- Attend Council meetings
- Develop fall and spring campaigns; increase attendance
- Provide a student perspective; promote awareness of philanthropy to student body
- Represent Edinboro University at any and all events (as requested) as a member of the Student Philanthropy Council
Volunteer one evening per semester to the Phonathon
Initial operating budget will come from the Development and Marketing Office. As a recognized student group, funding requests will be made to the Student Government Association to plan and advertise events. A large portion of the funding will be designated to the major event in the spring, Student Philanthropy Day.
An organization comprised of Edinboro University students working together to lead the Student Philanthropy Council.
Generate awareness of philanthropy
Replicate successful philanthropic events
Educate students and organizations within campus and community
Articulate campus wide organization fundraising programs
Triangulate needs, resources, and audiences to enhance the Edinboro community
If you are interested in joining the Student Philanthropy Council, please contact Marilyn Goellner.