- Accomplishments of the Student Health Services
- Received another three-year accreditation award from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- Maintained excellent patient satisfaction survey results including 99% of users would return to the Health Center for services.
- Conducted blood draws on-site for laboratory orders.
Health Educational Events
- Conducted CPR and first aid classes for faculty, staff and students.
- Collaborated with the Wellness Peer Educators and SISPA (Scholars in Service to Pennsylvania) students to host a Safe Spring Break table at the Pogue Student Center.
- Observed Go Red for Women by hosting a table in the Pogue Center about heart health for women.
- Held a Safe Valentine's Day table at the Pogue Student Center with information on healthy relationships and safer sex.
- Partnered with the Community Outreach Office to provide a site for SISPA's to assist with programming and outreach events.
- Observed World AID's Day in conjunction with the Wellness Peer Educators and Campus Ministry by hosting tables. This program was funded by a grant from the Student Government Association.
- Held RAINN (Rape, Assault, Incest National Network) Day candle lighting vigil to honor the victims of rape, abuse and incest ant to join the fight against sexual violence. The Student Health Services and Wellness Peer Educators participated in the event.
- Provided health related education programs to the students in Residence Life & Housing.
- Organized the annual “Unmasking the Faces of Domestic Violence March” in October in collaboration with SafeNet, Safe Journey, Campus Ministry, Crime Victim Services and the Wellness Peer Educators to recognize victims of domestic violence.
- Coordinated with the Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE) to educate the campus on the importance of organ donation during Organ Donor Awareness Day.
- Continue to partner with the Erie County and PA State Departments of Health to provide free STD testing and treatment to University students.
- Worked collaboratively with the Veterans Success Center to provide TeleHealth services to our veteran students. TeleHealth is the delivery of health-related services and information via telecommunications technologies.
- Partnered with the Campus Police Department, the Pennsylvania State Health Department and LECOM to provide a medication disposal system on campus. The medication disposal system provides an avenue for unwanted medications to be disposed of in a safe manner.
- Partnered with Student Affairs and Campus Ministry to provide a Service of Remembrance to remember and light candles for students, faculty, staff, alumni, family members and friends who have passed away within the past year.
- Worked with Campus Ministry to provide a "cookie connection" to residence hall students during finals week of the fall semester.
- Established pastoral care hours at the Health Center with local clergy.
- Started meditation classes with Rev. Joanne Rowden as the facilitator.
- Collected non-perishable food items and toiletries for the campus food pantry housed at Towers Residence Hall.
- Coordinated the inspection and purchasing of AED’s in the Student Affairs division.
- Collected eye glasses for benefit of the blind and donated them to the Lions Eye Bank of Northwestern Pennsylvania.
- Coordinated blood drives each month on a rotating schedule with the American Red Cross and Community Blood Bank.
- Worked with Verizon to complete the Hope line project to receive and distribute used cell phones for victims of domestic violence.
- Provide a “one stop shop” for students by working with the following organizations: Campus Ministry, Alcoholics Anonymous, Crime Victim Center, Safe Net, Safe Journey and Gaudenzia, Erie.
- Assisted Campus Ministry for the Lenten lunches every Wednesday at the local United Methodist Church during the lenten season.
- Provided nursing coverage at the spring concert.
- Received a grant from APSCUF Health and Welfare Fund to assist with the annual Health Fair.
- Received a $2500 sponsorship from LECOM for the annual Health Fair.
- Hosted the 15th Annual Health Fair at the Frank G. Pogue University Student Center. The event was attended by 620 faculty, staff, students and community members.
- Received a grant from Gaudenzia, Erie for drug and alcohol education.
Clinical Rotations and Work Experiences
- Partnered with community outreach to provide a worksite experience for two SISPAs (Scholars in Service to PA).
- Provided a clinical site for nursing students to perform tuberculosis testing and influenza vaccines for faculty, staff and students.
Staff Education and Development
- Two additional staff members completed Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) training for education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol.