Wednesdays at 4:30 pm
Location: Ghering Health and Wellness Center, Room 141
Facilitator: Rev. Joanne Rowden
What is meditation?
- A practice for relaxing the body and calming the mind.
- A method of reducing stress on both the mind and the body.
What have studies shown that regular meditation can do for me?
- Increase longevity and quality of life.
- Reduce chronic pain.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Reduce high blood pressure.
- Reduce serum cholesterol level.
- Reduce substance abuse.
- Increase intelligence-related measures.
- Reduce post-traumatic stress syndome.
- Lower blood cortisol levels initially brought on by stress.
Please call the Health Center at 732-2743 if you would like to attend meditation sessions. All students, staff and faculty members are invited to attend the free sessions.