campus Life Links:
Edinboro Greek Life
Frank G. Pogue Student CenterRoom 233Edinboro, PA 16444Phone: 814.732.1459Fax: 814.732.2665 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greek Week Softball Rules
- gw softball rules
1. Ten players on a field at a time. May play one short without forfeit.
2. All players must wear sneakers or cleats. Please do not wear cleats inside the building.
3. A captain must be designed for each team. They alone may discuss problems with the officials. Remember, "zero tolerance" for arguing with officials.
4. Games will be 3 innings or 20 minutes whichever comes first. Full innings must be played each team must get at least two at bats .
1. Infield fly rule: Runners on first and second with less than two outs. MUST BE CALLED BY THE UMPIRE IMMEDIATELY.
2. Runner hit by batted ball – OUT
3. Thrown bat: automatic out for the batter
4. No phantom tags (fake tags without the ball) - Runner gets one base.
5. Obstruction is the act of a fielder not in possession of the ball and/or a fielder in the act of fieldingthe ball that impedes the progress of a base runner that is legally running the bases - runner given the base they are running to, plus one.
6. No bunting: Called a strike
7. No leading: No leaving the base until the ball is hit. Runner leaving the base early - OUT
8. No stealing
9. Overthrown into foul territory - one base
10. Arc of pitch is 3' - 10' from the point of release.
11. Flat pitches are to be called immediately. If the batter elects to try to hit the flat pitch and misses - called a strike. If the batter hits a flat pitch, ball in play.
12. Strike is called if the pitch has a legal arc and if any portion of ball hits the mat.
13. Batters box (draw box in the dirt) - No running forward, stepping on or over home plate - batter out.
14. Only one foul ball is allowed to a batter with a two-strike count. Second foul ball - out.