campus Life Links:
Frank G. Pogue Student CenterEdinboro, PA 16444Phone: 814.732.2768Fax: 814.732.2665
Plan for Academic Success
- Plan for Academic Success
How can we help our new members be successful?
- All social Greek organizations will submit a Written Academic Plan to the Office of Campus Life on how they will support the academic achievement of their new members.
- The academic averages of new member classes for each Greek organization will be posted on the Edinboro University website.
- Copies of these academic averages will be provided in the Greek Life office to potential new members signing their bids.
To assist Greek organizations in supporting their freshman new members, the following sequential plan is approved:
Step One: First Semester
• If at the end of the semester the average GPA of the new member class for an organization is less than 2.50, the fraternity or sorority will receive a warning letter.
• There will be a meeting between the Director of Campus Life & Leadership Development and the Academic Chair and New Member Educator of the organization.
• The fraternity or sorority must then revise their Written Academic Plan on how they will increase support for their new members.
Step Two: Second Semester
• At the end of the second semester if the new member class average is still below 2.50, the organization will go on social probation (no participation in university functions and loss of voting rights).
• A letter will be sent to inform the organization’s inter/national headquarters.
• A revision of the Written Academic Plan reflecting significant changes must be submitted to the Office of Campus Life.
Step Three: Third Semester
• If the new member class GPA is less than 2.50 for a third consecutive semester, the organization’s charter will be reviewed.
• Social probation will continue.
• A meeting will be held with the organization’s inter/national headquarters to discuss the status of the chapter at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
- How to get Involved
- EUP fraternity and sorority information
- Current Academic Standings
- Panhellenic Council Constitution
- Panhellenic Recruitment Regulations
- Interfraternity Council Constitution
- National Pan-Hellenic Constitution
- Greek Week Information
- Plan for New Member Academic Success
- 2014-2015 Calendar
- Greek Resources
- Advisor Resources