Membership Requirements for Phi Alpha Theta
- Membership Requirements for Phi Alpha Theta
How to Become a Member
Requirements. To join Phi Alpha Theta at Edinboro University a student must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate Students:
- Have taken at least twelve (12) hours of History courses.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have at least a 3.1 GPA in History.
- Graduate Students:
- Completed a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of graduate history courses in the MASS Program.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Completed approximately 30% of the residence requirements for the MASS Degree.
[Note: You do not have to be a History Major or a History Minor.]
Initial dues are $45.00. This includes $40.00 for your lifetime membership in the national organization (which includes a one-year subscription to The Historian), and $5.00 annual dues for the local Tau Nu Chapter. To remain an active member of the local chapter requires only subsequent local dues.
Traditionally the Tau Nu Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta holds inductions in the first part of the Fall semester and the latter part of the Spring semester. Letters of invitation are sent to perspective members based on data received from the Registrar. If you meet the requirements of the Society, would like to become a member, but have not received an invitation please contact Dr. Ihor Bemko.
You may provide required membership data by cutting and pasting the material
below into an e-mail message and sending it to Dr. Bemko at
email@example.com. Bring your
$45.00 by Room 146 Hendricks Hall (History/Anthropology Dept. office)
or mail your check (payable to Dr. Bemko)
Phi Alpha Theta
ATTN: Dr. Ihor Bemko
Edinboro University of PA
Edinboro, PA 16444
- - - - - - - [Cut here.] - - - - - - -
PHI ALPHA THETA MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION SHEET
Permanent Mailing Address:
Local Edinboro Mailing Address:
Local Phone Number:
Areas of historical interest:
- - - - - - - [End cut.] - - - - - - -
Return to the Phi Alpha Theta Home Page|| Return to the History Department Home Page.
last updated: 24sep08 -----ib