Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Frequently Asked Questions - Benefits

  •  How do I add or remove a dependent from my health insurance?

Please send an e-mail to outlining your specific request.  A member of our staff will research your specific question and forward necessary forms to you.  Please be sure to include a campus address, mailing address and phone number in the event we need to call you.

  • We have a new addition to our family.  How long do we have to add the new member to my health insurance and what do you need?

You have 60 days to add your new member to your insurance coverage.  You will need to supply the new member's social security number and in the event of a birth, we will need to see the original birth certificate.

  • I did not receive my insurance cards and I have a doctor's appointment scheduled, what should I do?

You should call your insurance provider.  We do not have access to your account information with that provider.  If you do not know the name of you provider, we can help with that.  Call us at 732-2703 or e-mail us at

  • Where can I get flexible spending reimbursement forms?

Copies of the flexible spending reimbursement forms and related instructions are available on the PASSHE website.   

  • I got hurt at work today.  Do I qualify for Worker's Compensation?

Yes.  You should report any injury to Wayne Patterson, Acting Director for Human Resources and Labor Relations.  This action initiates a claim on your behalf.  It is very difficult to receive coverage on an unreported injury.  More information on the procedure is availabe on the Worker's Compensation link on the Benefits page of this site.  If you have any additional questions, please call or contact the Human Resources Office.  


  • I am having a medical procedure and will be out for an extended period of time.  What should I do and who do I need to notify?

Because benefit packages and leave requirements vary among collective bargaining agreements and management units we need to provide individualized information to each employee.  Please send an e-mail, attention: Benefits Manager to  We will contact you and supply any necessary forms or instructions.  Be sure to include a phone number where we can reach you and instructions on the best time to call.

  • I submitted a tuition waiver form, but the deduction is not reflected on the bill I received.  Who should I contact?

Please send an e-mail to with "Tuition Waiver" as the subject.  We will research our database.  If we find that we indeed had record of receiving your form, we will contact the necessary offices to follow up on your inquiry.   If we do not have record of receiving your form, we will contact you to request a form. 

  • Where can I get a tuition waiver form? 

Tuition waiver forms are available on the forms page on the Human Resources website.   If you can not print the form from your computer, please e-mail us at, call us at 732-2703 or stop by our office on the second floor of Reeder Hall and we will make sure you receive the form.

  • Am I (or my spouse or dependent child) eligible for a tuition waiver at another PASSHE institution and if so, what is the process?

Benefits vary among Collective Bargaining Agreements and Management units.  Currently, members of APSCUF, SCUPA and Management offer tuition waiver benefits at other PASSHE institutions.  Please refer to your Collective  Bargaining Agreement or contact the Benefits Manager at (814) 732-1348 to inquire about eligibility.  In order to receive the waiver, the employee needs to complete the appropriate tuition waiver form.   The form is available on this website on the forms page.    Please submit the completed form prior to the start of the term to the Human Resources Office, Reeder Hall, attention: Benefits Manager.   The Benefits Manager will complete the necessary information and return the form to you for submission to the sister institution.  That school will process payment on the student account as part of their billing cycle and invoice the University.  Note:  If you can not print the form from your computer, please e-mail us at, call us at 732-2703 or stop by our office on the second floor of Reeder Hall and we will make sure you receive the form.