Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Application and Required Forms

  • Homect_img
  • Application and Required Forms

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania


The following steps are necessary for completion of an international application for admission to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania:

1. APPLICATION FORM. The application can now be submitted online to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. In order to process applications in a timely fashion, students should submit all requested information by June 1st for the Fall semester and October 15th for the Spring semester.

2. TRANSCRIPTS. All transcripts should be requested from secondary school(s) and forwarded directly from the school to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. These records must be translated to English and must demonstrate fulfillment of all graduation requirements, which would be the equivalent of the first twelve (12) years of American education. If incomplete transcripts are filed, it is the student's responsibility to have final transcripts, which include final grades for the most recent courses scheduled, sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

In order for us to consider University courses for possible transfer credit, we require that all internationally-educated applicants have their foreign credentials from a college or university evaluated by an accredited credential evaluation service.  For a list of accredited foreign credential evaluation services, please check with NACES.  Transfer applicants must have a “Course by Course Report” completed by the service.  Many Edinboro University applicants choose World Education Services (WES) as their evaluation service.  Please have the evaluation service you choose directly forward their results to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

3. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY. All applicants whose native language is not English should submit to the University proof of English proficiency.  Acceptable proof of English proficiency include the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English, or STEP-EIKEN.  English is an official language in many countries and is used by millions of people as a second language. Second language speakers of English are not necessarily fluent in Standard Academic English.

The following chart states the minimum required test results from each respective testing organization:

Testing Organization Undergraduate Requirement Graduate Requirement
TOEFL (paper-based) 500 550
TOEFL (computer-based) 173 213
TOEFL (iBT) 61 79
IELTS 6.0 6.5
Pearson 44 53

4. OFFICIAL FINANCIAL STATEMENT. The Affidavit of Support must be received from all students in order to issue a visa document to enter the United States. Edinboro University must be assured that students will have sufficient funds available to meet all tuition and living expenses, estimated expenses for the academic year is $23,000 plus personal expenses.  The Affidavit of Support, accompanied by the sponsor's certified bank statement, should be returned to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

5. APPLICATION FEE. An application fee of $30.00 (USD) must accompany all applications. Please make money orders payable to: Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. If you would like to pay this by credit card, you will need to contact the Bursar's Office at 814-732-5555 ext. 472. The Bursar's Office will notify the Undergraduate Admissions Office when the transaction has been completed.

A Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1) (for obtaining a visa) cannot be issued until the Admissions Office of Edinboro University has confirmed admission based on academic preparation, financial clearance, and English proficiency.

NOTE: All documents submitted to the University on behalf of a student's request for admission becomes the property of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and cannot be returned.

Apply On-line

The Application and the "Affidavit of Support" are REQUIRED for your admission to Edinboro University. Please print them, fill them out, obtain the necessary signatures, and mail (along with your application) to the address at the top of the screen. If you are currently attending school in the United States, you will also need to fill out the "School Transfer Notification" form.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Required -- Free Download

Affidavit of Financial Support

School Transfer Notification

Return to International Home Page

Return to Edinboro Home Page