Contact: Dr. Monty L. McAdoo, Instructional Services Librarian (Room 231), 814-732-1070
Distance education students as well as students taking classes at Porreco and Meadville now have the option of having books delivered to their homes via a service called Books Direct. This page outlines the policies and procedures governing such. Contact Dr. Monty L. McAdoo 814-732-1070 for more details on this and other resources and services.
- You are only enrolled in Edistance education courses (i.e. you take no classes on-campus), courses at Porreco and/or courses at Meadville
- You do NOT attend any classes on the Edinboro Campus
- You live 30 miles or more from the Edinboro campus
- You agree to return the books by their due date
- You agree to pay return postage
Is there a limit to the number of requests?
Yes. Users of this service are currently limited to eight items at one time.
How long does it take to process requests?
When requesting books via Books Direct, please remember that it may take 1-2 weeks from the time of your request until you receive the book(s) at your home. Books will be sent TO you at the University’s expense but YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING RETURN POSTAGE and YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING THE BOOKS BY THE DUE DATE.
How do I submit a request?
- Access PILOT
- Click on My Library Account link and login using your 8-digit ID# and last name
- Use New Search to find the book that you want and click on the title to see the complete record
- Click on the Request link in the header or footer
- When asked to select a request type, choose the Books Direct option
- From the item screen, enter your 8-digit barcode for Barcode and, in the Address box, indicate where you'd like the book delivered
- Press the Submit Your Request button to begin the processing of your request
- Use the Back to Item and then the New Search buttons to request additional book(s)
NOTE: Please be aware that orders typically take 1-2 days to process and are not processed at all on weekends. You will not receive any confirmation that your order has been received. To confirm your order has been received, you can check your account (in PILOT) to see which books have been checked-out in your name. Similarly, items are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service's library rate. As a result, they will typically take slightly longer to arrive than 1st class mail. So, please, plan ahead so that the books you order arrive in a timely manner.
How do I return items?
You are responsible for the safe, prompt return of all materials that you borrow from the Baron-Forness library. You may return the book(s) in person or via U.S. Mail (at your expense) to:
Edinboro University of PA
200 Tartan Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: (814) 732-2253
Text: (814) 230-2069