OSD Home page

Contact Us:
Crawford Center | 
200 Glasgow Road

Edinboro, PA 16444
(814) 732-2462 voice/tty
FAX (814) 732-2866


Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity education institution and employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and disability in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title VIITitle IX, Section 504, ADEA and the ADA.

For information or assistance regarding services, activities and facilities that are accessible to and used by persons with a disability, contact the, Office for Students with Disabilities at the Crawford Center (814-732-2462 V/TTY).

For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures and for inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulation, contact Ms. Valerie O. Hayes, J. D. Director of Social Equity, / University Title IX Coordinator, 207 Reeder Hall, 219 Meadville Street, Edinboro, PA 16444 (814-732-2167). Additionally, inquiries concerning Title IX and its implementing regulation can be made to the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights.

ERRORS:   To report broken links, inaccurate information, updates, or suggestions on the Office of Students with Disabilities web pages, please send an email to Kimberly Kennedy

Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube



    • Documentation which indicates you have a specific disability is necessary for both legal and educational purposes.  The appropriate documentation verifies your disability and qualifies you for necessary services under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).  Compensatory services to address your disability are determined by the specific nature and severity of your disability.
    • The information necessary for both legal and educational purposes is included in an assessment report which must be completed by a qualified professional.  Qualified professionals include medical doctors and licensed psychologists.  The assessment should be recent and should include the type of disability diagnosed and the limits the disability imposes on your ability to function.  Assessment reports that are more than a few years old generally contain information that is outdated.
    • Recent assessment reports are beneficial, not only to document the existence of a disability, but  also to support requests for accommodations such as extended time for testing, alternate test formats, priority scheduling and other support services.  Requests for accommodations cannot be granted without supporting documentation.  Also, a recent assessment will support your request for accommodations on other standardized testing which are required by some programs at the University.
    • Obtaining a recent assessment is the responsibility of the person requesting accommodations.  You may be able to obtain an evaluation by requesting assessment information from your home town physician.  Other sources could include the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), the Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services (BVS) or private practitioners in your area.
    • No accommodations can be provided without this information.  Once provided, it is not necessary to provide new information each year unless the nature of your disability changes significantly or you are requesting accommodations for a disability not mentioned in your original documentation.

Important information regarding your rights and responsibilities may be found in the article:  Students with Disabilities Preparing for Post-secondary Education:  Knowing Your Rights and Responsibilities.

Edinboro University suggests that documentation follow the standards established by the Educational Testing Service.   The following is provided as guidance regarding the documentation that you may need to provide for accommodations.