Individuals must comply with the degree requirements established by Edinboro University for the Master of Arts degree. A degree will not be awarded solely on the basis of credit earned. Candidates for the degree must demonstrate they possess the ability to assume the degree of responsibility required of a mental health professional and the personal characteristics essential to effective working relationships with others. Students in this program must also:
- Satisfactorily complete a non-credit master's project.
- Satisfactorily complete a comprehensive examination.
- Have earned a cumulative average of "B" or better at the time they are scheduled to enroll for the course PSYC 744 Internship. No more than 6 semester hours of "C" grades may be earned prior to enrollment in PSYC 744.
- Earn a grade of "S" (Satisfactory) in the course PSYC 744 Internship. A minimum of 48 semester hours is required for completion of this degree.
These credits need to be earned as follows:
- PSYC 664 Clinical Neuropsychology (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 668 Personality Development (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 716 Childhood Psychopathology (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 744 Internship (12 sem. hrs.) - In this course the student will receive a grade of either "S" (Satisfactory) or "U" (Unsatisfactory)
- PSYC 761 Adult Psychopathology (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 762 Clinical Assessment I: Cognitive (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 763 Clinical Assessment II: Objective Personality Assessment (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 764 Psychopharmacology (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 766 Learning Basis of Behavior Change (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 767 Essentials of Psychotherapy (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 768 Clinical Research Methods (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 770 Ethics and Professional Issues (3 sem. hrs.)
- PSYC 773 Clinical Assessment III: The Rorschach Test & Other Projectives (3 sem. hr.)
Recommended Plans of Study
Related Elective Courses for Licensure in Pennsylvania
- COUN 705 Group Processes in the Helping Professions
- COUN 712 Human Development
- COUN 715 Career Development & Life Planning
- COUN 745 Multi-Cultural Counseling
- PSYC 740 Practicum in Clinical Psychology* (3 sem. hr.)