Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Homect_img
  • Frequently Asked Questions

Have Questions?
Here are the Answers!


1.       What is the definition of an academic credit hour?


One semester academic credit hour is the equivalent to a minimum of 700 minutes of instruction (50 minutes X 14 weeks), exclusive of time for final examination.  This is equivalent to 35 hours of instruction plus time for final examination for a three credit-hour course.


2.         How many credits may a student enroll in each semester?

During a regular fall or spring semester, a normal full-time load for a semester is from 12 to 18 semester hours; however, the total credit hours a student is permitted to enroll in is determined by the academic record of the individual student.  Students who have a grade point average of 3.00 or higher may register for 18 semester hours.  Students who have a grade point average lower than 2.00 may register for a maximum of 16 semester hours.  Students may register for additional credit hours only if an Overload of Credit Form is approved by their advisor, department chairperson and dean.

During a summer session or winter session between semesters, the credit load is determined by the number of weeks in the session.  Students may take up to three semester hours during a three-week session and up to six semester hours during a five-week session.

Graduate students may enroll in 15 credits per semester.


3.         How do I change my local or home address?

Students are responsible for notifying the University when they change their permanent home or off-campus local address.

Students may log into their "MyEdinboro" portal and submit address changes through the S.C.O.T.S. system.


4.         How do I change my advisor?

Request forms for Change of Advisor may be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration.  Students will be notified via email when their request is processed.  (Print Form)

5.         Who is my advisor?

If you do not know the name of your advisor, login to  "MyEdinboro" click on the S.C.O.T.S. icon; from the Main Menu click on "Student Services & Financial Aid"; then click "Student Records" Open the Link "View Student Information". The name of your advisor will be displayed.

Students may contact the Office of Records and Registration if they have questions.

6.         Where is my advisor located?

Please access the Campus Directory on the EUP website to locate your advisor's office address and phone number.

7.         When are my advisor's office hours?

You may find your advisor's office hours posted outside his or her office, or you may contact your department for this information.


8.         How do I audit a course?

Forms for auditing courses can be obtained through the Office of Records and Registration.  It requires the signatures of the student's advisor and the instructor of the course to be audited.  The completed form must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the end of the ADD period.  (Print Form)

9.         Will this course count as part of my academic load?


10.         Do I have to pay for auditing a course?

Students, with the exception of senior citizens, must pay the established course credit fee for auditing courses.

11.       Will this course show on my transcript and if so, how?

Audited courses will be recorded on student transcripts as "AU."


12.       How do I get a copy of the college catalogue?

The Undergraduate Catalogue is posted online for your use. 

COMMENCEMENT -- Not to be confused with Graduation.  Although connected, these are two separate functions.

13.       How many tickets will I receive for commencement?

The number of tickets issued, usually three (3) or four (4), is dependent on the number of graduating students attending the ceremony.

14.       How may I get more tickets?

You will receive an information packet with your seating assignment and guest tickets.  This information explains how you can request additional tickets, if available.  Additional tickets are available only if unused tickets are returned.  If you have any questions, please contact Beth Fuhrer at 814-732-1976.

If an off-site video viewing has been scheduled, it will be explained in the information packet.  Please be certain to read this information packet carefully.

15.       I have not received any tickets or information regarding the commencement ceremony.  Has this information been mailed yet?

Tickets and seating information for the May ceremony are mailed out mid-April.  Tickets and seating information for the December ceremony are mailed out mid-November.  If you have any questions regarding tickets, please contact Beth Fuhrer (814) 732-1976 or Kristine Copeland  (814) 732-1978.

16.       How do I request walk-through for commencement?

Walk-through applications will be considered for the May and December commencement ceremony.  A walk-through application form can be obtained by downloading the form (Commencement Walk-Through Application)  and meeting with either Beth Fuhrer or Timothy Pilewski.  Please note that the completion of this form is not a request to graduate; it is a request for the privilege to attend the May or December commencement ceremony prior to the completion of your degree requirements.  The deadline to complete the walk-through commencement application form is April 1st for the May ceremony and November 1st for the December ceremony.

17.       I lost my row and seat number for the ceremony.  Can you help?

Please contact Beth Fuhrer (814) 732-1976 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.

18.       Did you get my form I returned indicating I want to attend the commencement ceremony?

Please contact Beth Fuhrer (814) 732-1976 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.

19.       When is Commencement?

Dates for commencement are listed in the University Calendar and on our website.  


20.       My advisor has indicated that I have met a specific area of my requirements, but my degree evaluation is indicating this area is unmet. 

Please contact Barb Polakowski, Assistant Registrar at (814) 732-1972.

21.       I was told my transfer credit that came in as an elective would fulfill a specific area of my curriculum and my degree evaluation shows this area as unmet. 

Please contact Barb Polakowski, Assistant Registrar at (814) 732-1972.


22.       I recently graduated.  When can I expect my diploma to be mailed?

The process of mailing diplomas will occur after final grades have been recorded and all graduation clearances are confirmed.  No holds must be found on your student record.  If you wish to pick up your diploma, you may do so at the Office of Records and Registration.  If you have any questions, please contact Barb Polakowski (814) 732-1972 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.

23.       My diploma has been lost or destroyed.  How may I obtain a replacement diploma?

We would be happy to order a replacement diploma for you.  The cost of this service is $15.00; check or money order should be made payable to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Please affix your signature to your diploma replacement request and send to the following address:  Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, Office of Records and Registration, Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road, Edinboro, PA  16444. The following identifying information should be included with your request:

§  Please print your name as you want it to appear on the diploma.

§  Student ID number.

§  Date of birth.

§  Date of graduation.

§  Degree earned.

§  Current mailing address.

Questions may be directed to Barb Polakowski (814) 732-1972 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.

24.       I have legally changed my name.  How may I obtain a new diploma that reflects my name change?

If you have not submitted a name change form to Edinboro University, please do so at this time.  Instructions and a printable request form are available by clicking the following link:  Change Name.  Please note the requirements for acceptable documentation.

Please submit your name change form along with your diploma replacement request (see above).  Once your name change has been recorded we will provide your replacement diploma.

Questions may be directed to Barb Polakowski (814) 732-1972 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.


25.    A student who has been academically suspended may apply for reinstatement to the institution and have a new academic record created under certain conditions.  Click here for conditions.


26.       I recently had a grade changed by my professor.  Can you tell me if this has been done yet?

CAUTION:  Grades cannot be released over the telephone.  You will receive notification by email that a change has been made to your academic record or you can check your S.C.O.T.S. account by logging into "MyEdinboro"


27.       Is graduation "automatic"?

No!  You must apply for graduation by the end of the drop period of your final semester of course work by completing a graduation card (pink for undergraduate and green for graduate) in the Office of Records and Registration, or available on-line

28.       I forget...did I apply for graduation?

Please contact Barb Polakowski (814) 732-1972 or Kristine Copeland (814) 732-1978.

29.       When will I find out if I can graduate?

Graduation audits are performed by the deans' offices during the first half of your final semester.  If you do not meet degree requirements, a letter will be sent from your dean instructing you to meet with your assigned academic advisor to address deficiencies.


30.       How long does an undergraduate or graduate student have to correct  an incomplete ("I") grade?

An incomplete grade must be removed during the first four weeks of the next subsequent semester.    Failure to complete the required work within the time allotted will result in the grade automatically converting to an "F."


31.       How do I change my major?

Students must apply for a change of major by submitting the Change of Major form to the Office of Records and Registration.  The student must provide a copy of their degree evaluation to the appropriate person for orientation into the new degree program.  Signed forms must be returned to the Office of Records and Registration for final processing.  (Print Form)

32.       I submitted a change of major request form but have not heard whether it was completed.  Can you help?

You will receive an email informing you that your major has been changed.  This email will also be copied to your new advisor.  Your major change will not show on S.C.O.T.S. until the completion of the semester that the change was submitted.


33.       How do I apply for a minor?

The student must complete an application form for each minor and submit it to the Office of Records and Registration.  A student is limited to only two minors.  Minors must be applied for prior to the student's last semester of enrollment in order to be evaluated by the dean of the school in which the graduating student is majoring who will certify satisfactory completion of the minor(s). 

34.       What are the requirements for a specific minor?

Minor programs are self-advised.  They are structured to enable students to follow the program with limited advice.  The requirements for each minor program are listed in the college catalogue.  Most programs vary in requirements from fifteen semester hours to twenty-four semester hours.

35.       Are minors reflected on my official transcript?



36.        I do not want my telephone number or address released to the public.  How can I prevent this from happening?

You will need to complete a Request for Withholding Public Information form in the Office of Records and Registration before the end of the ADD period.  Students should be advised that this will prevent the release of any information to the general public.  Students will be required to show ID when transacting business in person and no specific student business may be transacted by telephone.  (Print Form)

37.       How do I remove the privacy hold from my record?

Request for removal of this code must be done in writing to the Office of Records and Registration anytime during the semester.


38.       I attended Edinboro way back when and would like to return as a student.  How do I go about this?

You will need to submit a Reinstatement Application to the Office of Records and Registration or contact Anita Joslyn, (814) 732-1986.  The request form is available in the Office of Records and Registration in Hamilton Hall as well as on-line.

39.       I attended another school since I was at Edinboro.  How do I get my credits transferred to Edinboro?

You will need to request the school you attended to mail an official transcript to Edinboro University's Office of Records and Registration for evaluation.  An official transcript must come directly from the sending institution to Edinboro and contain the seal of the university and signature of the registrar.  Student copies and unofficial copies will not be accepted.  After reinstatement, the transcript will be evaluated and the student will be notified in writing of the credits accepted for transfer.

40.       I sent a request to be reinstated to Edinboro and I haven't heard anything.  Can you help?

You should soon receive a letter in the mail to confirm your reinstatement.  If not, please contact Anita Joslyn, (814) 732-1986, in the Office of Records and Registration.

41.       Are students who leave the University and return required to follow "new" or "old" program requirements?

Students should follow the program of study outlined in the catalogue effective at the time of their admission to that program.  Students who change curriculum must follow the requirements in effect at the time of their transfer to the new curriculum.  Students who interrupt their program of study for a period exceeding one calendar year and who are subsequently reinstated must follow the requirements in effect at the time of their reinstatement.  If this is impractical, a student may request an exception, and approval must be documented in writing by the advisor, department chairperson, and dean.


42.       How many times may a student repeat a course?

Students will be limited to a maximum total of six repeated courses.  A single course can be repeated a maximum of two times.  The course should appear no more than three times on a transcript.  The most recent grade (regardless of whether it is higher or lower) will be the grade used for the cumulative GPA calculation.


43.       Who may I talk to about in-state residency?

Matriculated students should be referred to Timothy Pilewski, Registrar.  New undergraduate students prior to the beginning of classes should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.  New graduate students prior to the beginning of the semester should contact the Graduate Office.


44.       How do I take a course Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (Pass/Fail)?

Forms to apply for Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grades may be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration.  The completed form must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the end of the ADD period.

45.       May I take more than one course for a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade?

No!  A maximum of one course each semester and one each summer may be taken on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis.  No student may exercise the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option in more than four (4) courses in which a dual grading system is utilized, as part of the student's undergraduate degree program.

46.       May I take one of my major courses under this option?

No!  No student will be permitted to use the S/U option for any courses that are required for the student's major, unless the course itself has been approved for grading on the S/U basis. 

NOTE:  Students should review the policy regarding the satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading system in the University catalogue and on the reverse side of the S/U grade request form.


47.       When is class scheduling for the next academic term?

Fall semester class scheduling begins in April. Spring Semester and Winter Session class scheduling begins in November.  Summer session class scheduling usually begins January - February.

View "Check Registration Status"  in S.C.O.T.S. for the appropriate semester for the day you can begin scheduling (the day is based on your year and number of credits)

48.       What courses are offered?

Go to the Edinboro homepage ( Click on the "My Edinboro" link and Login.  Once logged in, click on the icon  for S.C.O.T.S., then click Registration, then Look Up Classes to Add.

 Once you reach the Welcome page, click on "Student Services & Financial Aid". Click on "Registration". Click on "Look-up Classes". You can choose certain criteria if you are looking for a specific course. You must at least enter a subject field in order to perform a search. It is recommended that you select your desired campus (This eliminates the chance that a student will schedule a class in a different city). You will find additional help with S.C.O.T.S. on the S.C.O.T.S. tutorial page.

**Course Descriptions ae now available online at keyword search Catalog. Then select the catalog you would like to view.

49.       Do I need my student ID to schedule?

S.C.O.T.S. can be used for almost all of your class scheduling transactions. If you need to have a form signed or are unable to adjust your class schedule, please bring your ID with you to the Office of Records and Registration.

**If you have placed a Public Information Hold on your records, you will be required to show your ID card if you come to the Office of Records and Registration.

50.       What if I miss my day to schedule?

S.C.O.T.S. is available 24/7 except for periods of maintenance. Do not miss any of your classes to schedule. Your obligation to be in class does not prevent you from scheduling using S.C.O.T.S. You will not be permitted to schedule before your assigned day. However, you may schedule anytime after until the last day to add on S.C.O.T.S.

51.       How do I add, drop, or withdraw from a course?

To add a course:

You must first obtain your alternate PIN number from your advisor. Log on to "MyEdinboro" click on the S.C.O.T.S. icon and click "Look-up Classes". Once you have found a course, check the box in the first column for that course and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Register". Enter the alternate PIN that your advisor gave you. Make sure there were no errors when registering (you can make sure that you are scheduled by viewing your schedule either by "Student Schedule by Day and Time" or "Student Detail Schedule" from the Registration Menu.)

To drop a course:

Log on to "MyEdinboro" then click on S.C.O.T.S. and click on "Add/Drop Classes". Enter your alternate PIN number your advisor gave you. Select the appropriate action for the desired course. click "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page.

To withdraw from a course during the Withdraw period:

Log on to "MyEdinboro" then click on S.C.O.T.S. and click on "Add/Drop Classes". Enter your alternate PIN number your advisor gave you. Select the appropriate action for the desired course. Click "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page.

An alternate PIN number is required to add, drop, or withdraw on S.C.O.T.S.

Your advisor's signature or an alternate PIN number is required if you are not registered for any courses and try to add a course at the Records and Registration Office.

The last days to add, drop, or withdraw from a course will be listed on the University Calendar on the Records and Registration homepage.

52.      My friend told me that if I do not attend a class, the instructor will remove my name from the roster. Is this true? No! Any student who fails to attend class for which he/she is officially registered is expected to take the appropriate action to officially drop or withdraw from the course. If you fail to take the appropriate action by the published deadlines, you may lose refunds, lose financial aid including Stafford Loans, receive failing grades, and be charged for the balance of your tuition and fees. If you do not intend to remain in a course, it is the student's responsibility to drop or withdraw from the course. No one else will do it for you.

53.       Do I need my advisor's approval for Summer courses? Yes! You need your alternate PIN for any courses you want to enroll in for the summer sessions. If you can't contact your advisor, contact your Department Chairperson.

54.       What if a class I want is closed?

Check the list of available classes on S.C.O.T.S. to see if another section is open OR you may choose one of your approved alternate courses. If neither of these options works, you may attempt to contact the instructor of the course to see if he or she is willing to overload you into the course. You must bring a Permission Override Form with the instructor and department chair's written authorization to the department secretary for the course. The permission will then be entered for you to enroll. You can now schedule the course on the ADD/Drop screen on S.C.O.T.S. You must enter the CRN directly and then submit changes. 

55.       Can I schedule classes with overlapping times?

S.C.O.T.S. will not allow you to schedule overlapping courses. You must bring a Permission Override Form with the instructor's written authorization to schedule courses that meet at overlapping times to the department secretary for the course. The permission will then be entered for you to enroll. You can now schedule the conflicting course on S.C.O.T.S. Courses that have time conflicts, even with final exams, cannot be scheduled without this authorization.

56.       Is my schedule correct and secure?

Please check your Student Detail Schedule or your Day/Time Schedule on the screen for accuracy before exiting S.C.O.T.S. You can avoid problems later be verifying your schedule is correct as soon as you schedule. Your class schedule is secured when you complete all financial arrangements, e-REG, and attend your classes.

57.       What is the location and time for a particular course?

Check S.C.O.T.S. for the most up-to-date information for a course. If you are registered for a course, be sure to check your schedule on S.C.O.T.S. frequently to be sure no changes have been made.

58.       When does a specified academic term begin?

Refer to the the University Calendar on Edinboro's website.

59.       Where is the Academic Calendar for a specified term?

Academic calendar information is available online from the Edinboro homepage and on the Records and Registration website.

60.       When will the online scheduling book be available?

The online scheduling book is usually available two weeks prior to the beginning of  registration for an upcoming semester. The semester Class Schedule is available on the Edinboro website beginning in mid-March for Fall semester and Summer sessions and mid-October for Spring semester and Winter session.  The class schedule for the Summer sessions is generally available in February.

61.       What are the office hours for the Student Services Center?

The Student Services Center, Hamilton Hall, is open Monday - Friday. During the Fall and Spring Semesters, hours are from 9:00am - 4:30pm. During the Summer, hours are from 9:00am-4:00pm.


62.       How can I change my Social Security Number in my records?

Applications for Social Security number change can be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration.  (Print Form)


63.     I've been academically suspended.  Now what do I do?

You must sit out the required time (one semester), then submit a letter of petition which outlines the following:

1.     Circumstances which caused your lack of academic success.

2.     What you have done in your time away from the University, including did you attend any other college or university?

3.     What steps you are willing to take to insure your academic success.

4.     Long-range goals for your career.

Address your letter to:

Mr. Timothy Pilewski, Registrar
Office of Records and Registration
Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Edinboro, PA 16444

This information will be used to assist the University in determining reinstatement.


64.      How can I obtain a copy of my transcript?

Follow these steps:

Log into "My Edinboro"

Click on the S.C.O.T.S. Icon

Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid”

Click on “Student Records”

Click on “Request Printed/Official Transcript”

Follow instructions and screen prompts to order and pay for your official transcript.

It’s simple, safe and secure.

Alumni and students that have previously attended Edinboro, and still have their Edinboro Identification number, and S.C.O.T.S. pin may obtain their transcript by clicking on S.C.O.T.S. and logging in. 

Alternatively, students may submit a written request using our Transcript Request Form for official academic transcripts, in accordance with Public Law 93-380 (Educational Amendments Family Education Rights and Privacy act, 1974). Requests are accepted either in person or by mail or fax. Telephone or email requests for transcripts cannot be honored.

65.      Is there a fee for the transcript?

Yes.  The fee is $4.00 for the first transcript and $4.00 for each additional transcript ordered in the same request.  

RUSH Service:  $10.00  (The request must be received prior to 1:00 pm to go out the same day.)

FAX Service:  $12.00  (The request must be received by 3:00 pm.)

Undergraduate and graduate transcripts are considered two separate transcripts.

Please mail a check or money order with your request, made payable to Edinboro University.  MasterCard, Visa and Discover are also acceptable forms of payment.

66.       May I have the transcripts mailed directly to me?

Yes!  However, these transcripts are not considered official transcripts by Edinboro University and will be marked "Issued Directly to Student."  (NOTE:  Although we do not encourage this, if the student insists on and specifically requests it, we will place the transcript in a sealed envelope with the registrar's signature on the back.  However, this transcript will be marked "Issued Directly to Student" and will not be considered official by our University.)

67.      Where should I mail my request and payment?

Office of Records and Registration
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road
Edinboro, PA   16444

68.       How long will it take to process my request?

Transcripts are generally mailed within three to five working days after receiving the request and payment.  This does not include mailing time.

TRANSFER CREDITS (Transferring to Edinboro from Other Institutions)

69.        I transferred to Edinboro and have a question regarding my transfer credits.

Please contact Edna Torres or Sheila McCarthy of the Admissions Office (814) 732-2761. 

70.        I took a summer course at another College or university.  Are the credits on my record?  Have you received the transcript yet?

You may access your academic transcript via S.C.O.T.S. to check what courses have been accepted for transfer.  All transfer credits are listed at the beginning of the academic history.  If there are no credits listed at all, make certain you had an official transcript sent directly from the university where you took the summer course.  Student copies of grade reports or transcripts will not be accepted.   If you have any questions, please contact Edna Torres or Sheila McCarthy, (814) 732-2761.

71.        I need/want to take a summer course at another institution for transfer back to Edinboro.  How can I do this?

To check if the course you are planning to take is transferable to Edinboro University, check the PATrac articulator. If the articulator indicates that the course offered by the transferring school is equivalent to an EUP course, you may simply register for and take the course with assurance that your credits will successfully transfer.  

If no course equivalency exists for your selected school or course, you will need to complete a Transfer Credit Authorization form prior to enrolling in the course. This form requires the written approval of the Office of Records and Registration for equivalency and the written approval of your advisor, department chairperson and dean of your major.  Forms may also be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration.

To complete the credit transfer process to Edinboro, you will need to request an official transcript from your transferring school that includes the course you intend to transfer. Please be aware, the process for ordering official transcripts may vary from institution to institution and generally requires a fee. Your official transcript should be sent directly to:

Undergraduate Admissions Office
Academy Hall
200 East Normal Street
Edinboro, PA 16444

72.        I have a question about how my credits were transferred to Edinboro.

Please contact Edna Torres or Sheila McCarthy, (814) 732-2761.

73.        I need to transfer my credits to another institution.  How can I do this?

You will need to request that Edinboro University send an official transcript to the new school (and follow that school's policy for requesting transfer credit).  Please refer to the section above about Transcripts.

74.        Can transfer courses be used to improve a student's Grade Point Average (GPA)?

Yes!  Undergraduate students may repeat failed course work at another institution to improve their GPA at Edinboro. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with their Academic Advisor, Chairperson or Dean prior to registering for such classes.


75.        I need to verify that I am a full-time/part-time student.  How can I do this?

Self-service enrollment verifications are available on-line in a format that is generally acceptable for health insurance, loan providers and Good Student Discount. The verification includes the enrollment term dates and indicates full-time or part-time status. Printing your enrollment certificate online means that you won't need to request verification from the University. Previous enrollment terms are always available. Enrollment information is updated periodically throughout the semester.

1. Login to myEdinboro portal.

2. Go to SCOTS.

3. Under STUDENT RECORDS, click on Request Enrollment Verification.

a. Click on Term and choose a term.
b. Click on Verification Type and choose type from:Current Term Only; Enrollment History- All Terms; Good Driver Discount; or Scholarship GPA and Enrollment
c. Choose Number of Copies.
d. Click on Continue.

5. Under ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION DELIVERY, Click on Delivery Method, choose
“Free Enrollment Verification”, and then click on Continue.

6. Under ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION ADDRESS, select an address for your enrollment
verification by choosing one of your stored addresses, or some other address.
Click on Continue.  

7. Under ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION REQUEST SUMMARY, review all information and click on
Submit Request.

8. Under ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION SIGNATURE, the system will tell you that your request
has been received and we will mail any enrollment verification to the address on the verification.

Enrollment verifications that are requested online are generally mailed out the same day the request is submitted.

Instructions for National Student Clearinghouse:

 1. Type in keyword search Self-Service Enrollment Verification from Edinboro's Homepage

 All requests for any type of record verification must include the student's signature, in accordance with Public Law 93-380 (Educational Amendments, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, 1974).

  • If the self-service verification is not possible, students may use the Enrollment Verification Request Form, available in the Office of Records and Registration or by printing from the highlighted link.
  • If a specific form is required by another agency, the student may include this with the verification request.
  • Requests are accepted either in person or by mail or fax.
  • Requests should be limited to enrollment in currently scheduled or pre-scheduled classes, or in previous terms. The office cannot provide verification of intended enrollment for future terms that are not yet scheduled.
  • No fee is required for this service. 


Requests should be sent to:

The Office of Records and Registration
Student Services Center
Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Edinboro, PA 16444

76.       How long does it take to receive my verification?

Using the Self-Service Enrollment Verification, students are provided the verification within minutes. Generally, it takes 7-10 days to provide verification after receiving the written request.

77.        I need verification of academic standing for my insurance company's GOOD STUDENT DISCOUNT.  How can obtain this?

Generally, insurance companies require a minimum grade point average for the term most recently completed.  If students are eligible for their company's discount, they should log into "MyEdinboro" SCOTS and go to Student Records, Enrollment Verification and order the Good Driver Discount enrollment verification.


78.        Who may I talk to about Veterans' Education Benefits or the Montgomery GI Bill?

Jay Breneman in the Veterans Success Center, can answer your questions regarding GI Bill benefits at (814) 732-1564.

79.        I am receiving Tuition Assistance from the military.  How will this be credited to my revenue account?

If Tuition Assistance is through the Pennsylvania National Guard, students should notify the Financial Aid Office and provide a copy of the agreement provided by their Guard unit.

If Tuition Assistance is through a Reserves unit (for example, under the D.A.N.T.E.S. program), students must have all forms completed and signed through their Reserves unit and then submit the final form to Michelle Taylor, in the Bursar Office in McNerney Hall.

80.        I completed courses in the military and have been told I can receive college credit for this coursework.  Who should I see?

Evaluation of military training and coursework is completed by the Transfer Admissions Coordinators in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.  Please contact Edna Torres or Sheila McCarthy to find out what paperwork needs to be submitted for evaluation at (814) 732-2761.

81.        I understand I can receive health and physical education credit for my military service.  How do I do this?

Students must provide a certified copy of their discharge form DD214 (member 4 copy) verifying a minimum eight weeks active duty and honorable discharge or character of service.  If students are eligible, credit will be awarded for the following courses:  HPE 105 Health (2 credits) and HPE 063 Physical Fitness (1 credit).  Submit a request for credits along with your DD-214 to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.  Contact Edna Torres or Sheila McCarthy if you have questions.




Spring 2015 Action Dates


Summer Session 2015 Calendar