Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Withdrawal Information

  • Homect_img
  • Withdrawal Information

Withdrawal From All Courses

  1. Students wishing to drop or withdraw from all courses and leave the University are able to do so via S.C.O.T.S. system or by using the on-line Total Withdrawal Request Form.
  2. Students who withdraw from scheduled courses during the first 6 days of a semester, or an equivalent period during a session, will be permitted to drop their classes without academic penalty; no academic record will be kept for those courses. From the second through the tenth week, or an equivalent period in a session, students who withdraw from their classes will receive a W (withdrawal) on their academic record for the courses from which they withdrew. A request for an official withdrawal from any or all classes after ten week of the semester or equivalent period in a session will be reviewed by the Dean, and, if extenuating circumstances exist, the request may be approved. If approved, a student will receive a W (withdrawal) on their academic record.
  3. No withdrawals are permitted once the final exam period has begun.
  4. Student planning to withdraw from the University under the provision of this policy are subject to the current refund policy stipulated in the University catalogue and website.
  5. Undergraduate students who file a total withdrawal or whose enrollment has lapsed must apply for reinstatement to return to the university after one semester’s absence. See Policy A031 for information about Academic Reinstatement.

Students seeking to withdraw from all courses are encouraged to carefully consider such an important decision and its impact on their academic career and financial aid status.

Students should seek the advice of their academic advisor, course instructors and other appropriate university staff prior to completing the withdrawal form or submitting the total withdrawal via S.C.O.T.S.

  • The student should meet with the Financial Aid Office concerning any aid currently being received, and the impact of withdrawing from all courses. Course withdrawals may affect a student’s eligibility for current or future financial aid.
  • Contact the Bursar’s Office to ascertain any account balance. Any balance should be cleared or recorded in the presence of the student. If a credit shows, assistance should be provided in filing for any appropriate refund.
  • If applicable, the student should arrange to meet with Residence Life and Housing staff to sign out of the residence hall room and turn in the key within 24 hours after signing the withdrawal form/or submitting the withdrawal via S.C.O.T.S.
  • The Office of Records and Registration will update student records as appropriate. All pertinent university offices will receive a weekly report of students who have processed a total withdrawal.