- Goals & Objectives
- Admissions Requirements
- Course Decriptions
- Curriculum Requirements
- Advanced Standing
- Field Education
- CWEL Program
MSW Program Admission Requirements
All admission materials should be sent to: School of Graduate Studies, Reeder Hall 3rd Floor, 219 Meadville Street, Edinboro, PA 16444 or via email: email@example.com or via fax (814) 732-2611.
- Complete the online graduate application (http://gradschool.edinboro.edu)
- Application fee: $30.00 for new students; $7.00 for current or former Edinboro students.
- Official transcripts reflecting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. This should include one course evidencing significant content in human biology, as well as a minimum of 21 semester hours of credit (or equivalent) distributed within liberal arts curriculum in humanities, mathematics, physical and biological sciences, social and behavioral sciences and fine arts.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for Regular program and Advanced Standing.
- Applicants to the Regular Program with an overall GPA of less than 3.0 must produce scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the general aptitude portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Required scores are related to the applicant's GPA level.
- A professional resume and personal statement. Please attach to your resume a statement of professional goals and how earning a MSW will help you to reach these goals.
- No credit will be given for life or work experience.
Application Deadlines (completed file must be received by):
January 18th - Advanced Standing Program
March 22nd - Regular Program
Applications received after these dates will be considered only if appropriate internship opportunities remain available. The total application packet will be considered in making admission decisions. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Effective Januare 2013, an advance tuition deposit of $150 shall be paid by all new students in competitve graduate programs. This deposit is required within two (2) weeks of an offer of admission to the Graduate School. This student deposit is a guarantee of the intention of the applicant to register at the University for the term indicated on the admission letter. Upon receipt, the University will credit the $150 deposit to the student's account. Applicants who subsequently cancel their application or fail to register shall forfeit their advance deposit; there will be no full or partial refunds.
** Applicants who wish to be considered for a graduate assistantship should apply by February 15th.