» Bursar

  » Class Schedule      
  » Class Scheduling Information

  » Course Descriptions

     (Family Educational 
     Rights and Privacy Act)

  » Final Exams

  » Financial Aid

  » Forms

  » Records and Registration

  » Student Services Center

  » S.C.O.T.S. - login to 

  » University Catalogs

Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Scheduling Information

  • Homect_img
  • Scheduling Information



  1. Edinboro University undergraduate students may audit undergraduate courses, and Edinboro Unviersity graduate students may audit undergraduate or graduate courses. Auditing involves participation in a course without accountability for credit purposes
  2. Students must have the approval of their advisors and the instructors of the courses to be audited.
  3. An audited course will not be counted as part of the student's academic load and no credit will be received. Audited courses will be recorded on student transcripts as "AU."
  4. Students scheduling for audits will be given lowest priority for seat availablity.
  5. After the expiration of the "add" period, students may not change audit status to credit or credit to audit.
  6. Students, with the exception of those age 62 or above and receiving social security or equivalent retirement benefits, must pay the Bursar's Office the established course credit fee for auditing courses.
  7. Petitions for credit by competency examinations will not be honored for courses audited by students.



Adult students (students 25 years and older or who are independent for financial aid purposes) qualify for priority scheduling.  Those who wish to apply for priority status can find instructions and the Adult Student Priority Scheduling Application online at, keyword "priority scheduling."  The application should be submitted to the Office for Adult Student Services.

Scheduling for adult students with priority status will be held according to the scheduling dates calendar located in the Frequently Asked Questions section. Complete scheduling on S.C.O.T.S. for maximum priority.  If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification.



Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Catalog for more information.


Comprehensive final examinations are given only during the designated examination period of each term. They are scheduled by the University and not by the individual instructor. Comprehensive final examinations will not be given during the week prior the designated exam period for each term. Make-up examinations and/or non-comprehensive final exams previously scheduled on the syllabus may be given.  Students with special needs should make arrangements with their instructors.  All examinations or alternate methods of evaluation will be given in the same room in which the course normally meets during the semester. Classes that use several rooms during the semester will have their final examination in the room in which they hold their first class of the week.

CONFLICTS: Every attempt has been made to make this schedule conflict-free. If a student has two examinations scheduled at the same time or more than three examinations in one day, the student should try to resolve the conflict with the instructors involved.

ABSENCE FROM FINAL EXAMINATIONS OR ALTERNATE METHODS: Absence from an examination or alternate method due to a medical emergency must be supported by a medical excuse. It is the student's responsibility to notify the professor involved prior to exam time and supply the professor with a written medical excuse.

FINAL EXAMINATION PUBLICITY: The final exams are included in the Master Class Schedule and can be viewed on SCOTS.

See for additional information. 



The "Satisfactory - Unsatisfactory" grading option will be open to any undergraduate student who, at the start of the semester, is in good acaemic standing AND has more than thirty-one (31) earned semester hours. Students wishing to exercise the "Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory" grading option must do so during the "ADD" period of registration. Completed Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory forms, with all signatures, must be returned to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the last day to add.

After opting for a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade, a student may not then elect to receive a letter grade in that course. For graduate students, the "S/U" grade may be used only in courses PSYC 744 Graduate Study in Psychology-Unit V (Internship) and ART 700 Seminar in Fine Arts. Students should contact the Office of Records and Registration and read the instructions and rules in the University Catalogs.



For optimal results, graduate students should schedule using S.C.O.T.S. The alternate PIN for all graduate students is 999999.  Schedules can be sent to Records and Registration by fax at 814-732-2130, by mailing to Hamilton Hall-Edinboro University of PA, or via in-person registration -- according to the scheduling date calendar. NEITHER REGISTRATION REQUESTS NOR SCHEDULE CHANGES CAN BE PROCESSED OVER THE PHONE.  Graduate student registration in 500-level courses should be recorded as graduate credit. If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification. Effective Fall 2009, graduate students should schedule themselves via S.C.O.T.S. for graduate level online course offerings, assuming all appropriate prerequisite course requirements have been met. Online graduate students should contact their advisor with any questions concerning a program's prescribed course sequence.

NOTE: Graduate students registering under "Special Student" status are not eligible for financial aid.  Graduate students registering under "Teacher Certification" only are eligible for financial aid (i.e. Stafford Loans).  To be considered as a half-time student for financial aid purposes, a graduate student must be registered for 3 to 6 graduate-level credits.  Or, if enrolled in undergraduate courses, the student must have 6 to 11 credits.



789 Bessemer Street, Meadville, PA 16335

Students are able to schedule at the Edinboro University in Meadville using S.C.O.T.S. Please call the Center for hours of operation (814)732-1802, if calling from the Edinboro area, or (814)337-7791, if from the Meadville area.



2951 West 38th Street, Erie, PA 16506

(814)836-1955 or (814)732-2544

Students currently enrolled at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania may register for their spring semester classes at The Porreco Center computer lab by following the guidelines and policies as outlined in the scheduling booklet. Academic advising for the four associate programs offered at Porreco will be available at Porreco. The advisor is available in the administrative office on Monday and Thursday from 8:00am - 4:00pm.

Books and materials for use in classes at Edinboro University in Erie, Porreco Center must be ordered and paid for online through the bookstore website and will be delivered to The Porreco Center the first week of classes. Information regarding Bookstore hours is available at the Admistration Office and will be posted in the adaemic buildings.

For additional information about services available at The Porreco Center, please check our link on the University website. 


SCHEDULING INFORMATION - Undergraduate Students

Part of your obligation in pursuing a program of study is the careful planning of your program, including the selection of courses.  Your academic advisor is your resource for assistance and counsel.  You should have a long-term plan of study which includes courses that need to be taken in each succeeding semester.  As you move through the plan of study, remaining courses will need to be planned with greater precision.  By the time you have earned eighty (80) credits, a final plan of study (80-HOUR REVIEW) for your remaining terms at the University should be reviewed with your advisor. Keep such documents in a safe place. 

  1. For the SPRING SEMESTER, select the course(s) you need from the class schedule on S.C.O.T.S.
  2. Check your registration status on S.C.O.T.S. several days before scheduling. If there are any holds from parking tickets, library fines, etc. on your record preventing registration, you must clear them.
  3. Meet with your academic advisor prior to the day assigned for scheduling your classes to develop a class schedule, alternate courses, and obtain your Alternate PIN. The Alternate PIN, which is equivalent to his or her signature, is needed to schedule on S.C.O.T.S. Obtaining the Alternate PIN verifies the undergraduate student has received sufficient advice to schedule for the next academic term. For these reasons, only your advisor or department chairperson can provide the Alternate PIN. Please note that the Alternate PIN is different from the PIN needed to login to S.C.O.T.S. The student determines the PIN -the University determines the Alternate PIN. Please be sure to record your Alternate PIN so you can make adjustments to your schedule through the Add/Drop period of that semester.
  4. Use S.C.O.T.S. to schedule. These dates are listed on the scheduling date calendar, as well as on the S.C.O.T.S. page of your personal record. To schedule students fairly and to ensure you are scheduled promptly, there can be no exceptions to this schedule.
  5. To finalize or secure your registration for the class schedule you create during scheduling, you must complete your financial arrangements, E-Reg, and attend your classes the first day.  Failure to do so could result in loss of your class schedule



Registration for these courses can be accomplished only after an approved application has been completed and filed with the Office of Records and Registration.  Once the completed and signed application is received by the student, he/she must schedule the course with the Office of Records and Registration and make financial arrangements for payment of the appropriate fees prior to the proposed starting date of the course or internship.  USE THE APPROPRIATE APPLICATION FORM.  REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED ONLY IN THE OFFICE OF RECORDS AND REGISTRATION - NOT THROUGH S.C.O.T.S.   WARNING: Late fees may apply for applications received after the last day to add.


Certain courses or sections of courses are indicated as being for majors only.  If a student is registered for such a course or section of a course but is not enrolled in the appropriate major, he/she may be required to drop that section.  It is the responsibility of the student to ensure he/she is qualified to enroll in such a course.  A student who is required to drop a section of a course cannot be given a guarantee of enrollment in another section of the same course.


Use S.C.O.T.S. to change your class schedule.  Instructions for using S.C.O.T.S. are available online Keyword S.C.O.T.S.  An advisor-issued Alternate PIN is required to add or drop a course to an existing class schedule.  It is also required to create a class schedule. 

 S.C.O.T.S. can now be used to withdraw from a course from January 25 to April 2, 2010.

You must have your Alternate PIN, just as you would to add or drop a course. There is a $25.00 fee to withdraw from a course, which is added directly to your financial account with the University.  A grade of "W" will be posted to your academic record.  If you intend to totally withdraw from all courses, you must do so online.

LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE in person is Friday, January 22, 2010, by 4:30 p.m.*

LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE on S.C.O.T.S. is Sunday, January 24, 2010 by 11:59 p.m.*

LAST DAY TO ADD A COURSE in person is Monday, January 25, 2010, by 4:30 p.m.*

LAST DAY TO ADD A COURSE on S.C.O.T.S. is Monday, January 25, 2010 by 11:59 p.m.*

LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW in person is Friday, April 2, 2010, by 4:30 p.m.*

LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW on S.C.O.T.S. is Friday, April 2, 2010 by 11:59 p.m.*

*Or the date established by the University for courses with special start/end dates.



(Occasional students not enrolled in a program of study.)

You may schedule beginning November 19, 2009, via S.C.O.T.S.  Your Alternate PIN will be 999999.  If you have a question about your status, call the Office of Records and Registration (814) 732-5555 ext 475.  If you are an "occasional student" but intend to pursue a degree, you are urged to complete the application process through the Admissions Office immediately (814) 732-2761.