Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Scheduling Information

  • Homect_img
  • Scheduling Information

Class Scheduling Information


1. Edinboro University undergraduate students may audit undergraduate courses, and Edinboro University graduate students may audit undergraduate or graduate courses. Auditing involves participation in a course without accountability for credit purposes.

2. Students must have the approval of their advisors and the instructors of the courses to be audited.

3. An audited course will not be counted as part of the student's academic load and no credit will be received. Audited courses will be recorded on student transcripts as "AU."

4. Students scheduling for audits will be given lowest priority for seat availability.

5. After the expiration of the "add" period, students may not change audit status to credit or credit to audit.

6. Students, with the exception of those age 62 or above and receiving social security or equivalent retirement benefits, must pay the Bursar's Office the established course credit fee for auditing courses.

7. Petitions for credit by competency examinations will not be honored for courses audited by students


Adult students (students 25 years and older or who are independent for financial aid purposes) qualify for priority class scheduling. Those who wish to apply for priority status can find instructions and the Adult Student Priority Scheduling Application online at, keyword “priority scheduling.” The application should be submitted to the Office for Adult Student Services. Class Scheduling for adult students with priority status will be held according to the scheduling dates calendar located in the Frequently Asked Questions section. Complete scheduling on S.C.O.T.S. for maximum priority. If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification.


Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Catalog for more information.


Comprehensive final examinations are given only during the designated examination period of each term. They are scheduled by the University and not by the individual instructor. Comprehensive final examinations will not be given during the week prior the designated exam period for each term. Make-up examinations and/or non-comprehensive final exams previously scheduled on the syllabus may be given. Students with special needs should make arrangements with their instructors. All examinations or alternate methods of evaluation will be given in the same room in which the course normally meets during the semester. Classes that use several rooms during the semester will have their final examination in the room in which they hold their first class of the week.

CONFLICTS: Every attempt has been made to make this schedule conflict-free. If a student has two examinations scheduled at the same time or more than three examinations in one day, the student should try to resolve the conflict with the instructors involved.

ABSENCE FROM FINAL EXAMINATIONS OR ALTERNATE METHODS: Absence from an examination or alternate method due to a medical emergency must be supported by a medical excuse. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the professor involved prior to exam time and supply the professor with a written medical excuse.

FINAL EXAMINATION PUBLICITY: The final exams are included in the Master Class Schedule and can be viewed on SCOTS.

See for additional information.


For optimal results, graduate students should schedule using S.C.O.T.S. The alternate PIN for all graduate students is 999999. NEITHER REGISTRATION REQUESTS NOR SCHEDULE CHANGES CAN BE PROCESSED OVER THE PHONE. Graduate students need special permission to enroll in a 500 level course fo graduate credit. . If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification. Online graduate students should contact their advisor with any questions concerning a program's prescribed course sequence.

NOTE: Graduate students registering under "Special Student" status are not eligible for financial aid. Post-Baccalaureate teacher certification students are not eligible for graduate-level loans unless they are also admitted into a master's degree program. To be considered as a half-time student for financial aid purposes, a graduate student must be registered for 3 to 6 graduate-level credits. Or, if enrolled in undergraduate courses, the student must have 6 to 11 credits with one course being at the graduate level.


2951 West 38th Street, Erie, PA 16506, 814-836-1955 or 814-732-2544

Students currently enrolled at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania may register for their classes at The Porreco Center computer lab. Academic advising for the programs offered at The Porreco Center is available in the administrative office Monday - Friday.  Please call for current hours.  Books and materials for use in classes at The Porreco Center can be ordered and paid for online through the main campus bookstore website.  Administrative Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm during the regular academic year.  For additional information about computer lab hours and other services available at The Porreco Center, please check our link on the University website, or call the number above.


The “Satisfactory - Unsatisfactory” grading option will be open to any undergraduate student who, at the start of the semester, is in good academic standing AND has more than thirty-one (31) earned semester hours. Students wishing to exercise the "Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory" grading option must do so during the “ADD” period of registration. Completed Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory forms, with all signatures, must be returned to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the last day to add. After opting for a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade, a student may not then elect to receive a letter grade in that course. For graduate students, the “S/U” grade may be used only in courses PSYC 744 Graduate Study in Psychology-Unit V (Internship) and ART 700 Seminar in Fine Arts. Students should contact the Office of Records and Registration and read the instructions and rules in the University Catalogs.


Part of your obligation in pursuing a program of study is the careful planning of your program, including the selection of courses. Your academic advisor is your resource for assistance and counsel. You should have a long-term plan of study which includes courses that need to be taken in each succeeding semester. As you move through the plan of study, remaining courses will need to be planned with greater precision. By the time you have earned eighty (80) credits, a final plan of study (80-HOUR REVIEW) for your remaining terms at the University should be reviewed with your advisor. Keep such documents in a safe place.

  1. For the UPCOMING SEMESTER, select the course(s) you need from the class schedule on S.C.O.T.S.
  2. Check your registration status on S.C.O.T.S. several days before scheduling. If there are any holds from parking tickets, library fines, etc. on your record preventing registration, you must clear them.
  3. Contact your advisor and make an appointment  to meet with him or her prior to the day assigned for scheduling your classes to develop a class schedule, alternate courses, and obtain your Alternate PIN. The Alternate PIN, which is equivalent to his or her signature, is needed to schedule on S.C.O.T.S. Obtaining the Alternate PIN verifies the undergraduate student has received sufficient advice to schedule for the next academic term. For these reasons, only your advisor or department chairperson can provide the Alternate PIN. Please be sure to record your Alternate PIN so you can make adjustments to your schedule through the Add/Drop/withdrawa period of that semester.
  4. Use S.C.O.T.S. to schedule. These dates are listed on the scheduling date calendar, as well as on the S.C.O.T.S. page of your personal record. To schedule students fairly and to ensure you are scheduled promptly, there can be no exceptions to this schedule.
  5. To finalize or secure your registration for the class schedule you create, you must complete your financial arrangements, E-Reg, and attend your classes the first day. Failure to do so could result in loss of your class schedule.



Registration for these courses can be accomplished only after an approved application has been completed and filed with the Office of Records and Registration. Once the completed and signed application is received by the student, he/she must schedule the course with the Office of Records and Registration and make financial arrangements for payment of the appropriate fees prior to the proposed starting date of the course or internship. USE THE APPROPRIATE APPLICATION FORM. REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED ONLY IN THE OFFICE OF RECORDS AND REGISTRATION – NOT THROUGH S.C.O.T.S.


Certain courses or sections of courses are indicated as being for majors only. If a student is registered for such a course or section of a course but is not enrolled in the appropriate major, he/she may be required to drop that section. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure he/she is qualified to enroll in such a course. A student who is required to drop a section of a course cannot be given a guarantee of enrollment in another section of the same course.


Use S.C.O.T.S. to change your class schedule. Instructions for using S.C.O.T.S. are available online Keyword S.C.O.T.S. An advisor-issued Alternate PIN is required to add, drop or withdraw from a course. It is also required to create a class schedule. .S.C.O.T.S. can now be used to withdraw from a course from September 2, thru Friday, November 2, 2012. You must have your Alternate PIN, just as you would to add or drop a course. There is a $25.00 fee to withdraw from a course, which is added directly to your financial account with the University. A grade of "W" will be posted to your academic record.

Individuals desiring to withdraw from or drop all courses and leave the University, will be able to do so via the S.C.O.T.S. system, during the first 10 weeks of the semester. Students are still encouraged to carefully consider such an important decision and its impact on their academic career and financial aid status and to consult with appropriate faculty or staff prior to submitting their withdrawal request on S.C.O.T.S. If a student plans to withdraw during the last five weeks of the semester, the student must meet with the Assistant Vice President of Financial Aid, the Bursar, or the Registrar, located in Hamilton Hall, to discuss their request. During the last five weeks of the semester, or the equivalent period during a summer session, students will receive grades of WP (withdraw passing) or WF (withdraw failing). If a student officially withdraws from all courses and wishes to return to the Unviersity at a later date, the student must then apply for reinstatement through the Office of Records and Registration.

LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE IN PERSON is Friday, August 31, 2012, by 4:30 pm*

LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE ON S.C.O.T.S. is Saturday, September 1, 2012 by 11:59 pm*

LAST DAY TO ADD A COURSE IN PERSON is Friday, August 31, 2012 by 4:30pm*

LAST DAY TO ADD A COURSE ON S.C.O.T.S. is Monday, September 3, 2012 by 11:59pm*

LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW in person is Friday, November 2, 2012, by 4:30 pm*

LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW on S.C.O.T.S. is Friday, November 2, 2012 by 11:59 pm*

*Or the date established by the University for courses with special start/end dates (See Course Listings)


(Transient or Occasional students not enrolled in a program of study.)

You may create a schedule beginning April 23, 2012 via S.C.O.T.S. Your Alternate PIN will be 999999. If you have a question about your status, call the Office of Records and Registration (814) 732-3501. If you are a "transient" or "occasional student" but intend to pursue a degree, you are urged to complete the application process through the Admissions Office immediately (814) 732-2761.