Student Affairs Websites
- Adult Student Services
- Campus Life/Student
- Campus Ministry
- Campus Recreation
- Career Development
- Commuter FAQ
- Counseling & Psychological
- Frank G. Pogue Student Center
- Student Health
- Judicial Affairs
- Multicultural Programs
- Office for Students with
- Parents and Families Organization
- ROTC / Military Science
- Residence Life and Housing
- Student Government
- Student Life
- Veterans Success Center
- VP for Student Affairs
Student Trustee Selection Information
- Student Trustee Selection Information
Student Trustee Selection
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Council of Trustee Responsibilities: The Edinboro University Council of Trustees (COT) are appointed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to serve as the governing body of the institution. The COT reviews recommendations from the University President regarding the approval of academic programs, admission and conduct standards, budget and fees, and official University contracts. Also, the COT has the important task of formally evaluating the performance of the University President.
The Student Trustee: As a member of the COT, the student trustee maintains the same voting rights and responsibilities afforded to all council members. In addition, the student trustee may be called upon to represent the University at official functions (i.e. commencement, convocation, etc.).
Student Trustees Requirements: Eligible candidates shall be at least a first semester sophomore (at least 30 earned credits) but not more than a second semester junior (no more than 95 earned credits). Student trustee candidates will be full time, undergraduate students who are in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University. The selected student trustee must maintain good standing as a full-time, undergraduate student throughout his/her tenure on the Council of Trustees.
- Complete the student trustee application that is available at the Pogue Student Center Information Desk, the Baron-Forness Library Circulation Desk, or the University web page (click here).
- Review information on Act 188 - Enabling Legislation for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (www.passhe.edu/inside/legal/documents/act188.pdf), paying particular attention to the following sections:
Section 20-2008-A. Council of Trustees
Section 20-2009-A. Powers and Duties of Council of Trustees
- Return a completed packet to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in room 218 of the Frank G. Pogue Student Center.
A complete application packet includes all of the following:
- A completed application (click here)
- Answers to four essay questions
- A resume
- Three letters of recommendation (to be sent to the applicant in a sealed envelope)
Interested candidates are encouraged to attend an open forum on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the Pogue Student Center Zahorchak Seminar Room (Room 143).
Application Deadline: Monday, February 4, 2013, by 4:30 p.m.
No materials will be accepted after this date and time.
Please refer any questions regarding this process to:
Dr. Kahan Sablo, Vice President for Student Affairs at 732-2313