School of Education
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PA CERTIFICATION**
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is requiring ALL applications for credentials (certifications) be completed and submitted through the new Teacher Information Management System (TIMS).
All Edinboro University applicants for a PA credential/certification MUST complete the following steps:
1) Edinboro University of Pennsylvania - School of Education Credential Application:
Word Version - PDF Version
You must print this form and return it to the Student Teaching Office (address provided on the form) if you are an undergraduate student OR if a graduate student please return the form to your graduate program head for approval. For a list of graduate program heads please click here.
2) You must indicate Edinboro University of Pennsylvania as your Educator Preparation Program. You can refer to the following PDF for additional instructions: Educator Preparation Program
If you do NOT indicate Edinboro University as your educator preparation program, the credential application process cannot be completed, which will cause a significant delay in receiving your credential.
3) Please review the following list of Edinboro University Approved Preparation Program areas. You will need to find your program area and number before proceeding with the TIMS credential application process.
4. To begin the application process with PDE click here:
TIMS Teacher Information Management System
Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Upon notification of a completed TIMS application (through the SOE Credential Application above) and the verification of the information below, the Dean of Education/Certification Officer will then make recommendation for the new credential (certification) to the PDE through the TIMS:
- all requirements have been met;
- passing Praxis score report label has been received directly from ETS (please note that PDE does not recognize test scores over ten years old);
- final grades (if completing a non-degree certification program);
- official posting of your degree
It takes approximately 3-4 weeks to verify all information at the close of each semester.
NOTE: Certification information for states other than Pennsylvania can be obtained by calling that state's Department of Education. Edinboro University students applying for out-of-state licensure, please click here.