Contact Info

          Financial Aid Office
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444

           (814) 732-3500
          Fax: (814) 732-2129

          Hours of Operation: 
          Fall/Spring: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
          Summer: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

          Tax Transcript Request Process

          Under certain conditions, some applicants will need to submit to Edinboro University an IRS Tax Return Transcript instead of using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for verification purposes. All apply to both students and parents unless otherwise noted.

          These conditions include:

          • The person did not indicate on the FAFSA that the tax return has been completed.
          • The person is married and filed the tax return either as head of household or married but filing a separate return.
          • The marriage date is January 2014 or later.
          • The first three digits of the SSN are 666.
          • The tax return was amended.
          • The person filed a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return.
          • Neither married parent entered a valid SSN.
          • A non-married parent or both married parents entered all zeroes for the SSN.

          Students and parents can request a free transcript of their previous year tax return from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) free of charge in one of three ways.

          1. Request a copy online at the IRS website. Click on the “Order a Return or Account Transcript” link. Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and not the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.” Use the Social Security Number and date of birth of the first person listed on the IRS income tax return, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address used on the IRS income tax return). In most cases, for electronic filers, an IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested from the IRS within 2–3 weeks after the IRS income tax return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of paper IRS income tax returns, the IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested within 8–11 weeks after the paper IRS income tax return has been received by the IRS.
          2. Request a copy by phone. Please call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
          3. Request a copy via mail. Please submit to the IRS the Form 4506T-EZ