Contact Info

          Human Resources and Faculty Relations
          Reeder Hall, 2nd Floor
          219 Meadville Street
          Edinboro, PA  16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2703 /2810
          Fax: (814) 732-2885

          State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP)

          Edinboro University proudly participates in the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) to ensure that all of our employees, as well as their families, have access to the care and services they need.

          SEAP Hotlines (available 24 hours a day)

          (800) 692-7459
          (800) 824-4306 (TDD)

          Access Code: "Pennsylvania"

          General Information

          The State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) provides a wide range of confidential, no-cost services to treat a broad range of problems. Examples of the types of counseling services available are listed below. The SEAP is administered by the Commonwealth’s Office of Administration, which has contracted with United Behavioral Health (UBH) to provide SEAP services.

          For information about SEAP or to obtain a brochure describing the services provided by SEAP, you may contact Linda S. Harrison, SEAP Coordinator, in the Human Resources Office at (814) 732-1348. SEAP services are strictly confidential—the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education or Edinboro University will not be notified if you use the services unless you provide written consent.


          All employees of the State System, their spouses (including “significant others”), children (regardless of age), and other members of the employee’s household are eligible to receive SEAP services. Coverage is effective the date your employment begins and terminates the date you go on a leave without pay and without benefits or the date your employment ends, unless you retire. SEAP services are also available to annuitants and their family members. Individual family members, at their own initiative, may call the SEAP directly.


          SEAP provides confidential, no-cost counseling services for a broad range of personal and work-related problems. Contact SEAP as soon as you feel a problem is getting too difficult to handle alone, you will be able to speak to a SEAP intake counselor—a skilled professional with a clinical master’s degree and at least four years clinical experience. The SEAP intake counselor will ask you a few questions to help you find the right resource to address your issues and concerns. Unlimited telephone consultations and up to four (4) counseling sessions are provided at no charge. The SEAP Hotlines listed above are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

          The SEAP can help you deal with any of the following concerns or other problems that may be troubling you or a family member:

          • Parent/child conflict
          • Work-related problems
          • Marital and relationship problems
          • Financial or legal concerns
          • Alcohol or drug problems
          • Death and dying
          • Job burnout
          • Stress
          • Physical abuse
          • Stress and anxiety
          • Depression
          • Aging parents
          • HIV and AIDS
          • Compulsive disorders

          SEAP Newsletter 

          The SEAP Privacy Notice Memorandum and the SSHE Notice of Privacy Practices are available at the PASSHE SEAP Website.