Employment and Income Verification
Verification of employment and income requests are handled through The Work Number.
The Work Number is an automated service that securely provides instant employment and income verifications. This is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income when applying for a loan, buying a car, leasing an apartment, qualifying for public assistance or similar instances. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please provide the information listed below to the lender or public assistance agency:
- The Work Number Access Methods:
- The PASSHE Employer code: 15972
- Your Social Security number
If you are asked to provide a Salary Key:
- Visit www.theworknumber.com/employees or call (800) 367-2884 / (800) 424-0253 for TTY if hearing impaired.
- Enter the PASSHE Employer code: 15972
- Enter your Social Security number
- Enter your PIN # (Last four digits of your SSN plus your year of birth)
- Follow the instructions to create a salary key.
- Provide the salary key to the person seeking your proof of income, and direct him/her to www.theworknumber.com to complete the verification process.
The Work Number Brochure