Faculty Recognition Program
Edinboro University recognizes that its faculty forms the core of the teaching and learning environment that distinguishes Edinboro as an excellent higher education institution. Therefore, the University highlights the contributions made by faculty in support of our mission to promote excellence and student success.
Edinboro University will annually acknowledge individual faculty members who excel in one of three pursuits important to the University: teaching, scholarship, and student advising. These faculty will serve as role models to students and colleagues in their commitment to creating opportunities for intellectual and personal growth, and in their embodiment of our values: excellence, curiosity, respect, responsibility and integrity.
Recognition Categories and Criteria
Only tenured, tenure-track or regular part-time faculty are eligible.
- Faculty Award
- Consistently exhibits exemplary teaching skills
- Presents a well-developed personal philosophy of teaching
- Demonstrates mastery of the discipline
- Nomination form and support letter provide specific examples of outstanding qualities
- Nominees must be teaching faculty members
- Scholar Award
- Regularly publishes or presents peer-reviewed or juried scholarship or creative work
- Continuing record of commitment to scholarship
- Awarded external funding to support a scholarly agenda
- Makes important contributions to his or her field
- Recognized by professional organizations for his or her scholarship
- Advisor Award
- Consistently exhibits exemplary advising skills
- Presents a well-developed personal philosophy of advising
- Demonstrably contributes to student success, persistence, and completion
- Nomination form and support letter provide specific examples of successful practices
- Nominees may be teaching or non-teaching faulty members
- Nominations for all three awards will be submitted to the chair of the applicable review committee.
- Faculty Award – Dr. Scott Miller, Dean, School of Business, and Dean, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Scholar Award – Dr. Dale Tshudy, Professor, Department of Geosciences
- Advisor Award – Dr. Denise Ohler, Interim Dean, College of Science & Health Professions
- Eligible nominators for the Faculty, Scholar, and Advisor Awards are students, faculty, and staff.
- A call for nominations will be issued by the Provost and will include the deadline for nominations.
- An electronic nomination form will be provided with the call for nominations.
- Only complete applications, submitted to the appropriate review committee chair on or before the annually established deadline, will be considered.
- Once an individual is nominated, he or she will be informed by the appropriate committee chair of the required documentation for further consideration of the nomination, as follows:
- Faculty Award – curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy and list of courses taught.
- Scholar Award – curriculum vita, documentation of a track record of peer-reviewed or juried scholarship or creativity, department letter of nomination and supporting evidence, and a description of how the scholar’s work informs his or her teaching.
- Advisor Award – curriculum vita and statement of advising philosophy.
- Committee chairs will request a letter of support from nominees' department chair or designee.
- Once the deadline for nominations has passed, the committees will convene to consider the submissions.
- Each committee will agree on one to three worthy nominees; the Provost will review and provide these to the President for consideration and selection of the awardees.
- The President will notify the award winners by letter and invite their participation and public recognition at an appropriate event.
The deadline for nominations has passed.