Contact Info

          Office of Residence Life & Housing
          Pogue Student Center, Room 215
          405 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2818
          Fax: (814) 732-2314

          Follow Residence Life & Housing

          Twitter Icon Facebook IconYouTube Icon

          Frequently Asked Questions


          How can I get involved in the residence halls?

          Residence Hall Association is the group that promotes residential living and activities within each of the residence halls. RHA meets weekly during the academic year.

          How big are the rooms and what’s included?

          See the Room Sizes & Features and the Detailed Room Dimension guides for dimensions and room amenities. 

          What size are the beds?

          Earp – Rose Halls

          Standard twin beds


          Double Suite and Semi-Suite rooms: Standard twin beds 
          Single Rooms in Suites and Semi Suites: Full beds 
          Single Studio Rooms: Full beds
          Double Studio Rooms: Bed sizes vary

          Traditional Halls

          Standard twin beds

          What if I don’t have verification of my meningitis vaccine?

          Include a note on the housing agreement that you have received it, or will be receiving the vaccine, and bring the documentation with you when you arrive to pick up your residence hall key. Don’t delay in completing your housing agreement. We may not permit a student to reside on campus without proof of the vaccination or a signature on a waiver.

          I am not sure about how I will adapt to living with a roommate, what are some suggestions to help?

          COMMUNICATION is the key to a great roommate relationship. Suggestions to break the ice and start the conversation are made when you receive your housing assignment. When you arrive on campus, we suggest you take full advantage of our roommate agreement. This will allow you and your roommate(s) to set ground rules for your new home and to show respect for one another. The residence hall staff members are also trained and willing to assist you in getting to know people who live in your residence hall community. Expand your circle of friends beyond your roommate or suitemates.

          How long may I live on campus?

          You may live on campus as long as you’re enrolled at the University. The University is committed to student success. To that end, undergraduate students who are single and under the age of 25 years old and have not achieved 60 credits are required to live on campus for two consecutive academic years, excluding the summer sessions, unless they commute from a family home that is within 50 miles of the campus. 

          Are there laundry facilities in the halls?  What is the cost?

          Yes, and they are free to on-campus students. Each residence hall offers ample machines, both washers and dryers, for student use. The location of the laundry facilities will be discussed at your first floor meeting.

          What should I bring?

          See this list of Things to Bring.

          What do the hall staff members do?

          Hall staff members assist residents with academic and personal concerns and provide supervision in the residence halls. They’re also responsible for getting to know their residents and creating dynamic and positive communities.  These are graduate and returning students who are knowledgeable of campus resources and make referrals; they receive training each semester and participate in ongoing in-service training throughout the year. Some of the areas of training include:  

          • Roles and responsibilities of the residence hall staff 
          • Growth and development of college students 
          • Adjustment problems in the college years 
          • Peer counseling and mentoring 
          • Safety and security; Crime and fire prevention 
          • Addressing crisis situations 
          • Educational Success Programming: time management, study skills, diversity, health and wellness, community involvement and volunteerism, career planning, stress management, personal finance and budgeting

          May I break my housing agreement?

          Edinboro University strongly believes in the academic advantage offered to students who reside in the residence halls. Students who live on campus, as opposed to off campus or commuting form home, tend to have higher grade point averages, tend to graduate in a more timely fashion and report a higher satisfaction with their overall living experience. Therefore, the University is committed to on-campus housing. It is important to note that the student housing agreement is a legally binding agreement, and you’re held financially responsible for the terms of the agreement once the agreement is submitted to the University. However, requests to be released will be considered in extenuating circumstances.  

          Should problems arise concerning a roommate or another issue, you’re encouraged to work with residence hall staff to achieve the best possible living situation. We also employ Graduate Hall Coordinators and other professional staff who will assist you with any concerns related to your housing assignment. 

          Request to be Released forms are available at the Residence Life and Housing Office in the Frank G. Pogue Student Center. Students should provide complete documentation with the request form.

          Note: Students are cautioned against entering into a lease or other housing agreement in addition to the University agreement. 

          What is my residence hall address?

          See the list of Residence Hall Addresses.

          Can I make a room change?

          Room change period takes place each semester during a two week time frame. The dates are posted in each residence hall & Graduate Hall Coordinator staff has specific information on the process.

          What is a common area?

          A common or "community" area in a residence hall include spaces available to everyone such as lobbies, restrooms, stairwells, lounges, laundry rooms and the main entrances.

          How can I limit insects from being my roommates?

          While the University provides extermination for basic services such as ants or spiders, more extensive extermination services such as bed bugs may not be covered by your housing contract. To decrease insect issues, we suggest the following steps: Keep screens in windows year round Clean your room/suite each week--this includes sweeping, vacuuming and wiping off bathroom fixtures and mirrors. Maintain snack areas. Wipe off mini-fridge and microwave off weekly. Wash dishes and utensils daily to avoid food mold and insects. Submit a School Dude for insect concerns or issues; consult your Graduate Hall Coordinator with questions.

          Do I clean my suite in the Highlands?

          Yes. University Housekeeping staff maintain the common areas and public spaces and don't provide cleaning supplies or access to vacuum cleaners. Health and safety inspections are conducted by Residence Life & Housing staff with appropriate advanced notice to residential students. The purpose of these inspections is to increase community comfort and promote student wellness.