Edinboro Highland Games & Scottish Festival – September 6, 2014
3rd Annual Celtic Harp Competition
Categories and Entry Requirements
- Youth, 17 years old and younger
- Open, all others
Harpers may choose to compete in one or both of these categories:
- as a SHSA competitor; sanctioned competition
- as an Open Celtic competitor (email Maia Chisholm for guidelines)
The categories for both competitions are:
SOLO: (as defined in SHSA handbook) beginner, novice, apprentice, journeyman, and master
SPECIAL: Harp & Vocal, Harp & Spoken Word, Harp in Ensemble
- Harp Competition Entry fee required; $20 prepaid; $30 at the door. (Scottish Harp Society of America membership required to participate in sanctioned competition only; $18 at the door).
- Entry form completed, signed, and returned with $20 check to Edinboro University by August 30, 2014 (be sure to indicate both your age category and harper category).
- The order of competitors within each category will be determined by the Competition Coordinator half an hour prior to the start of the competition.
- If a competitor is not present when called for, he/she may be disqualified.
- No harps may be tuned in the competition area during competitions, except if necessary by the competitor on stage.
- The decision of the judge shall be final and binding in respect to all matters relating to the competition and shall be accepted by each competitor.
Edinboro University and the Celtic Harp Competition shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to competitor’s property, including but not limited to competitor’s instruments or other equipment/personal property.
Questions? Contact Harp Competition Coordinator: Maia Chisholm at email@example.com.