EU students complete psychology internships07/07/2014
The Department of Psychology at Edinboro University announced that the following students recently completed 12-week internships, which provide the students with an opportunity to obtain professional work experience in a variety of settings in the field of psychology:
- Abby Goerlich, Perseus House Collaborative Learning Center, under the direction of Bridget Mooney, principal. Perseus House is located in Erie, Pa.
- Corey Goss, Stairways Behavioral Health in Meadville, under the direction of Jeannine Lyons, Crisis Services supervisor.
- Abby Hall, Hermitage House Youth Services, under the direction of Special Programs Director Melissa McLaughlin and Unit Supervisors Matt Stewart, Chris Boyle and Mark Johnson. Hermitage House is located in Cambridge Springs, Pa.
- Jonathan Kinnear, Susan Hirt Hagen Center for Organizational Research and Evaluation (CORE), under the direction of Carl Kallgren, Ph.D., director. CORE is located at Penn State Behrend in Erie.
- Alyssa Loeffler has completed a 12-week internship at the SafeNet shelter and Children’s Program, under the direction of Sandra Cranston, shelter manager, and Colleen Helsley, Children’s Program director. SafeNet is located in Erie, Pa.
- Melanie Neal, Safe Harbor Behavioral Health, under the direction of Vicky Merski, director of Crisis Services. Safe Harbor Behavioral Health is located in Erie.
Undergraduate internships in psychology are typically undertaken by students following their junior year.