Edinboro University announces fall Performing Arts and Film Series schedules08/19/2013
New students arrive on the Edinboro University campus this week for freshmen move-in and with classes set to begin Monday, Aug. 26, the University has been busily preparing an impressive list of film, music and stage performance events for the fall semester to provide students with plenty of entertainment options as they get acclimated to their new collegiate community.
Below are the fall 2013 semester schedules for the Edinboro Film Series, First Friday Concert Series and Performing Arts Series. Admittance to all events is free to Edinboro University students. There is a $2 charge to the general public for Edinboro Film Series screenings, and admittance to Performing Arts Series stage performances is $5 for faculty, staff and President’s Pass holders, and $10 for general admission. All First Friday concerts are free and open to the public.
Edinboro Film Series
(All screenings start at 8:30 p.m. in the Frank G. Pogue Student Center’s Scot Cinema.)
- Aug. 29 – “Indie Game: The Movie” (2012)
- Sept. 12 – “This Is Spinal Tap” (1984)
- Sept. 26 – “Paprika” (2006)
- Oct. 10 – Double bill: “Rubber” (2010) and “Wrong” (2012)
- Oct. 24 – “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” (2011)
- Nov. 7 – “Holy Motors” (2012)
- Nov. 21 – “Waltz with Bashir” (2008)
- Dec. 5 – “Broken” (2013)
For more information on the Edinboro film Series, visit http://aux.edinboro.edu/filmseries/.
First Friday Concert Series
(Concerts begin at 12:15 p.m. in the William P. Alexander Music Center Recital Hall.)
- Sept. 6 – Kristine West Denton (piano)
- Oct. 4 – Dan Burdick (tuba)
- Nov. 1 – Erik Mann (guitar)
- Dec. 6 – Music Major Student Showcase
First Friday Concerts take place on the first Friday of each month that school is in session. They feature faculty members from Edinboro University's music department. Although this is a lunchtime event, food and drink are not allowed in the Recital Hall but are permitted in the lobby.
For more information on the First Friday Concerts Series, visit http://www.edinboro.edu/departments/music/first-friday-concerts.dot.
Performing arts series:
(Performances by Todd Green and Martha Redbone begin at 7:30 p.m. in Louis C. Cole Auditorium - Memorial Hall. “Avenue Q” will be staged in Diebold Center for the Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. nightly with a 2:30 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Oct. 27.)
- Sept. 25 – Todd Green (multi-instrumental solo artist)
- Oct. 9 – Martha Redbone (folk/funk musician, activist)
- Oct. 23-27 – “Avenue Q" by Robert Lopez , Jeff Marx, and Jeff Whitty
For more information on the Edinboro Performing Arts Series and this fall’s performers and stage productions, visit http://www.edinboro.edu/events/performingartsseries/.
A full list of all University events and activities can be found on the EU website at http://www.edinboro.edu/news/calendar.dot.