Edinboro University presidential inauguration events continue tonight and Thursday!11/07/2012
EDINBORO, Pa. – Events celebrating and leading up to Friday’s inauguration of Dr. Julie E. Wollman as Edinboro University’s 17th president continue this evening with the College Bowl Academic Tournament at the Frank G. Pogue Student Center and two student theatre productions at the Diebold Center for the Performing Arts. On Thursday, a highlight of Inauguration Week will celebrate the arts with a special panel discussion featuring President Wollman’s parents, Dr. Harry and Anne C. Wollman.
All events are intended to celebrate the inauguration theme of “Excellence. Optimism. Leadership” embodied in all the people and programs of the University.
Media coverage is welcome at all events. Attached is a complete Inauguration Week schedule. The schedule can also be found at www.edinboro.edu/inauguration. For your inauguration coverage planning purposes, here are Inauguration Week highlights for tonight and Thursday:
Wednesday, November 7
- The College Bowl Academic Tournament will take place at the Pogue Student Center from 4:45 to 10 p.m.
- “The Game” and “The Politics of Sleep,” two Student Theatre productions, will be presented at the Diebold Center for the Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. Performances will continue at the same time nightly through Saturday, with a 2:30 p.m. Sunday performance.
Thursday, November 8
- President Wollman will take part in a 10 a.m. “Reading Hour,” sponsored by the School of Education and the Community Outreach Center, at Edinboro Elementary School. This will be the first school to receive supplies as a part of the four-day “Stuff the Bus” initiative that celebrated Dr. Wollman’s lifelong commitment to education. The University’s Community Outreach Center and School of Education sponsored “Stuff the Bus,” during which a full-size Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority bus was filled with donated supplies for Elementary and other area schools.
- Sponsored by the English and Theatre Arts Department at 11 a.m., “Going on Our Nerve,” a poetry reading by faculty and students, will take place in the Frank G. Pogue Student Center.
- At 1 p.m. in the Pogue Student Center, the School of Business will present Dr. Ken White, Edinboro Class of 1983, speaking on “Personal Branding: Creating the Brand Called ‘You,’” as part of the Xavier D. Williams Business Speaker Series.
- A highlight of the Inauguration Week highlight celebration – during which the entire campus has become an art gallery – is scheduled for 4 p.m. in the Dr. William P. Alexander Music Center’s Recital Hall. At that time, President Wollman’s parents, Dr. Harry and Anne C. Wollman, of Woodstock, Vt., as well as Kurt Sundstrom, curator of the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester, N.H., take part in a panel discussion titled “The Interrelationship of Art and Culture.” In 2010, the Wollmans’ personal collection of 20th Century art was featured in a special exhibit at the Currier Museum. Following the discussion, “A Celebration of Art & Music,” a musical reception and exhibition that includes pieces from Edinboro’s permanent collections, will be held at 6 p.m. at the Baron-Forness Library.