Jobs and Internships
Making sure Edinboro University students are fully prepared for the professional world is a priority for the University, as the many fantastic internship opportunities available to Journalism and Public Relations students and the notable career achievements of Department alumni continue to prove.
The internship program in the Department of Journalism and Public Relations contributes heavily to the success of our students. Our student interns are sought after by organizations throughout the region. Some interns gain immediate employment through their experience and all gain invaluable experience and important professional contacts. Recent internship sites include Bensur Advertising, Clear Channel Communication, the Cleveland Clinic, Epic Web Studios, Erie Brewing, ESPN, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the South Philly Review, the U.S. Olympic Committee, and WJET-TV and WQLN Public Media in Erie.
While some Edinboro University majors require an internship, cooperative education, student teaching or research experience in order to graduate, many students elect to pursue an internship to augment their educational portfolio. Every major has one or more designated internship directors to assist students with identifying opportunities and coordinating credits.
Journalism & PR Internship Procedure Information
Students who are interested in internship experiences are encouraged to contact the Journalism and Public Relations Department internship coordinator, or visit the Center for Career Development’s internship webpages for more information.
Journalism and Public Relations Department Internship Coordinator:
Dr. Ronald Raymond
Office: Compton Hall, Room 102
Phone: (814) 732-1317
Acclaimed journalists, medical professionals, social media managers, Disney and Pixar animators and leaders in business, education, public relations and many other fields have built the foundations of their success at Edinboro University and so can you.
The EU Center for Career Development assists students at the onset of their professional lives with many outstanding services, including building resume, interviewing and networking skills and offering numerous job fair opportunities annually both on- and off-campus.
Alumni from the Department of Journalism and PR have gone on to succeed in thrilling careers in their field of study. Check out the career achievements of some of the Department’s notable alumni below.
- Kelsey Knoll '13, Journalism/Mass Communication, is Associate Customer Content Specialist for PR Newswire in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Patrick Nuzzo '14, BA Journalism/Mass Communication, is Project Associate Editor for ESPN in Bristol, Conn.
- Jessica Kunz '14, BA Journalism/Mass Communication, is an Anchor/Reporter for WCIA-TV in Champaign, Ill.
- Lisa Cassidy '05, BA Speech and Communication, is Senior Digital Strategist at Highmark Health in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Melissa Bruno '06, M'10, BA Print Journalism & MA Communication Studies, is the Brand Manager for Mother Earth Brewery in Kinston, N.C.
- Bryan Baumgartner ’14, BA Journalism/Mass Communication, is the Marketing Communication Project Manager for Choice Translating, Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Sarah J. Glover ’07, MA Communication Studies, is Social Media Editor for NBC-owned Television Stations in New York City.
- KC Kantz ’07, BA Broadcast Journalism, is a sports anchor for WTAJ TV in Altoona, Pa.
- Joseph Cephas ’06, M’13, BA Speech and Communication & MA Communication Studies, is Vice President of Communications at the American Society of Interior Designers.
- Randy McIlwain ’90, BA Speech and Communication, is a reporter for KNBC-TV in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Emily F. Morris ’88, BA Speech and Communication, is the Executive Communications Director at Kent State University.
- Maura Sirianni '13, BA Journalism and Mass Communication, is a reporter with WDRB-TV in Louisville, Kentucky
- Dr. Ken White ’82, M’99, BA Speech and Communications & MA Communication Studies, is Associate Dean, Mason School of Business, Williamsburg, Va.
- Jack Speer ’81, BA Speech and Communication, is a newscaster for National Public Radio in Washington, DC.
- Bryan Deibel '14, BA Journalism/Mass Communication, is the National Associate Producer for MileSplit USA, Austin, Texas.