The Edinboro University Financial Aid Office is periodically notified of external scholarships for Edinboro students that are offered by organizations outside the university.
In addition to the scholarships listed below, students are encouraged to check for scholarships with their employers or parent’s employers, civic and community organizations. Churches, community foundations, Elks Clubs, Moose Lodges, etc. all offer opportunities for academic scholarships, but students must actively seek them out.
· Must be from the Pittsburgh Zionist District of the ZOA
· Must have completed one year in an accredited college or university
· Must submit an application and proposal for a research project
· Proposal – April 1 each year
· Research Paper – Oct. 1 each year
Contact: Zionist Organization of America; Pittsburgh District
· Must have a family home in Western Pennsylvania (10 years +/-)
· Must have completed at least one full-time academic year at current college or university (no recent time off)
· Recent semester grades and cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better
· Must have existing educational debt within the Foundation’s established parameters (call to discuss)
· Must have good credit
Lynn S. Dunbar
Search for scholarships here.
· Live in the city of Pittsburgh continuously, without interruption, during at least your four years of high school
· Attend Pittsburgh Public Schools continuously, without interruption, from at least the beginning of ninth grade through to graduation
· Graduate with a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better
· Maintain an attendance record of 90%
· Meet other application requirements and criteria as listed on the website
Contact: Pittsburgh Promise
High School Applicant Criteria:
· Rank in the upper half of their graduating class from a Mercer County, PA high school
· Be accepted for enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning
· Please note: Students not ranked in the upper half of their class may apply after two semesters of maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better in a post high school institution of higher learning.
Current College Student Criteria:
· Be a graduate of a Mercer County high school
· Demonstrate ability to succeed academically by maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better on their official post-high school institution transcript
· Plan to continue current enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning
The George W. Wright
Students Aid Fund
P.O. Box 187
Mercer, PA 16137
· Be a Pennsylvania high school senior or graduate or current post-secondary undergraduate.
· Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at Edinboro or another approved 4-year, accredited Pa. institution.
· Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
· Be a United States citizen.