Student Rights and Responsibilities - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Financial Aid Office
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444

           (814) 732-3500
          Fax: (814) 732-2129

          Hours of Operation: 
          Fall/Spring: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
          Summer: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

          Student Rights and Responsibilities

          The student has the right to receive the following information from the school:

          • What financial assistance is available and the required application materials.
          • The procedures and deadlines for applying for financial aid assistance.
          • The eligibility criteria for awarding financial aid.
          • The cost of attendance and how financial need is determined.
          • How and when financial aid will be disbursed.
          • The criteria for measuring satisfactory academic progress, and how a student who has failed to maintain satisfactory progress may reestablish eligibility for federal and state financial aid.

          The student is responsible for:

          • Submitting the appropriate application forms within published deadline dates.
          • Responding to all requests for additional information in a timely and accurate manner.
          • Informing the Financial Aid Office in writing or via email of all grants, scholarships, or other funds received for his/her educational costs from outside organizations.
          • Notifying the Financial Aid Office of any changes in financial status, marital status, name changes, address changes, attendance status and any other information that may affect the student’s eligibility for financial aid.
          • Maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
          • Using all refunds of financial aid for expenses related to his/her education.
          • Following the requirements and repayment schedules of educational loan programs.
          • If necessary, formally withdrawing from the University so that the University can meet federal guidelines concerning conducting exit interviews prior to the student leaving the school.

          If we fail to help you, please file a formal complaint with either of the following: Pennsylvania Department of Education or the State Attorney General’s Office.