Withdrawal Information - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Office of Records and Registration
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444
          Phone: (814) 732-3501
          Fax: (814) 732-2130
          Email: records@edinboro.edu

          Hours of Operation:
          Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
          Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

          Withdrawal Information

          Students seeking to withdraw from all courses are encouraged to carefully consider such an important decision and its impact on their academic career and financial aid status. 

          Withdrawal Procedure 

          • Students wishing to drop or withdraw from all courses and leave the University are able to do so via S.C.O.T.S. system or by using the online Total Withdrawal Request Form.
          • Students should seek the advice of their academic advisor, course instructors and other appropriate University staff prior to completing the withdrawal form or submitting the total withdrawal via S.C.O.T.S.
          • The student should meet with the Financial Aid Office concerning any aid currently being received, and the impact of withdrawing from all courses. Course withdrawals may affect a student’s eligibility for current or future financial aid.
          • Contact the Bursar’s Office to ascertain any account balance. Any balance should be cleared or recorded in the presence of the student. If a credit shows, assistance should be provided in filing for any appropriate refund.
          • If applicable, the student should arrange to meet with Residence Life and Housing staff to sign out of the residence hall room and turn in the key within 24 hours after signing the withdrawal form/or submitting the withdrawal via S.C.O.T.S.
          • The Office of Records and Registration will update student records as appropriate. All pertinent University offices will receive a weekly report of students who have processed a total withdrawal.

          Important Information 

          • Students who withdraw from scheduled courses during the first six days of a semester, or an equivalent period during a session, will be permitted to drop their classes without academic penalty. No academic record will be kept for those courses. 
          • From the second through the tenth week, or an equivalent period in a session, students who withdraw from their classes will receive a W (withdrawal) on their academic record for the courses from which they withdrew. A request for an official withdrawal from any or all classes after the tenth week of the semester or equivalent period in a session will be reviewed by the Dean, and, if extenuating circumstances exist, the request may be approved. If approved, a student will receive a W (withdrawal) on his/her academic record.
          • No withdrawals are permitted once the final exam period has begun.