Scottish Harp Competition & US National Scottish Harp Championship™
Edinboro Highland Games & Scottish Festival
September 7, 2019
- Youth, 17 years old and younger
- Open, all others
- SOLO: beginner, novice, apprentice, journeyman, and master
- SPECIAL: Harp & Vocal, Harp & Spoken Word, Harp in Ensemble
Emerging Forms, Theme & Variation
This will be a Scottish Harp Society of America (SHSA) sanctioned competition. Rules can be found at http://www.shsa.org/competitions/rules. Competition is limited to Lever Harps ONLY! Competitors playing Scottish tunes in the Scottish tradition will compete for certificates and prizes. Competitors who choose to play tunes from other Celtic Nations (Ireland, Wales, et al), presenting them appropriate to the country of origin, may compete for judges’ comments only.
- Harp Competition Entry fee required: $20 prepaid; $30 at the door. (Scottish Harp Society of America membership required: $18 at the door or online at http://www.shsa.org/product/regular-yearly-membership/).
- Entry form completed, signed, and returned with $20 check payable to Edinboro University by August 29, 2019 (be sure to indicate both your age category and harper category).
- The order of competitors within each category will be determined by the Competition Coordinator half an hour prior to the start of the competition.
- If a competitor is not present when called for, he/she may be disqualified.
- No harps may be tuned in the competition area during competitions, except if necessary by the competitor on stage.
- The decision of the judge shall be final and binding in respect to all matters relating to the competition and shall be accepted by each competitor.
Edinboro University and the Scottish Harp Competition shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to competitor’s property, including but not limited to competitor’s instruments or other equipment/personal property.
Questions? Contact Harp Competition Coordinator: Maia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Scottish Harp ChampionshipTM is sponsored by The Clan Currie Society.