Student Visa Documents


Edinboro University provides non-immigrant students with a life-changing experience.

After receiving your offer of admission, you will need to apply for a student visa. You must follow the regulations established by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on how to obtain and maintain lawful student (F-1/J-1) status while studying in the United States.

I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic & Language Students

The I-20 is issued by Edinboro University to students eligible to apply for an F-1 student visa (Form I-20).

The I-20 is issued after an offer of admission is accepted by payment of the required deposit and receipt of proof of your ability to meet the associated educational expenses.

Katie Spangenberg
Global Education Office Manager
Phone: 814-732-2770

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 student visa is awarded by the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country and permits you to enter the United States to study.

I-94 Arrival/Departure Record

The I-94 Arrival/Departure information is an electronic record. This information is collected by U.S. Customs and Border Protections (CBP).

Students who are already in the U.S. and have received a paper form must return it to U.S. officials when leaving the country. Do not lose this document.

Learn about the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.

Maintain all of these documents in a safe place and make sure you always have them with you when traveling outside the United States.


F-1 students who are currently enrolled at another US institution will need to have their SEVIS record transferred to Edinboro University in order for their Edinboro University I-20 to be issued.

Students looking to transfer to Edinboro University should complete the following form upon acceptance to Edinboro University.

SEVIS Transfer In Form

Contact Us

Global Education Office
Ross Hall, 1st Floor
220 Scotland Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: 814-732-2770