- Registration Procedure
(It is highly recommended that you print out a hard copy of the Registration Procedure for Internships and maintain a hard copy for your own records.)
It is essential that you read and follow the instructions included on the application before obtaining the required signatures.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNSHIPS
1. The student must complete the Application for Permission to Register for an Internship and secure all appropriate signatures required in Section III.
2. Registration for an internship must follow the same procedure as registration for a course:
- The student must make financial arrangements for payment of appropriate fees prior to the proposed starting date of the internship experience or course. Billing and payments are to be handled through the Bursar's Office, and
- The student must schedule the course.
3. For internships during the summer, students must complete registration prior to the projected beginning date approved for the internship, which includes making financial arrangements for payment of appropriate fees. Failure by the student to register (as outlined in #2 above) carries the same requirements for registration as other university courses:
- The assessment of a late registration fee if registration is not completed prior to the commencement of the internship experience, and
- Denial of permission to add the course after the one week add period or equivalent time during the summer session
4. For internships during the summer, students must complete registration prior to the projected beginning date approved for the internship, which includes making financial arrangements for payment of appropriate fees.
5. Six-month internships (similar to the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission Computer Systems Intern) must follow the following registration procedure:
- If the internship commences in May or June and ends in December, the student must register in the summer for a minimum of 9 semester hours and in the subsequent Fall Semester for 15 semester hours,* or
- If the internship commences in January ending in June, the student must register in the Spring Semester for 15 semester hours and in the subsequent summer session for a minimum of 9 semester hours.*
6. Internship courses are designed primarily for off-campus experiences. However, in exceptional circumstances an on-campus internship may be authorized with the approval of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
7. The original application will be returned to the Center for Career Development (suite 211, 2nd floor, Frank G. Pogue Student Center).
* Students are required to enroll for a total of 24 credits for a six-month internship. However, only 15 credits will apply towards fulfilling degree requirements.