School of Education
- Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the School of Education, students must be accepted to Edinboro University. Applicants to programs in Art Education and Music Education must complete additional requirements specified by their departments. All students seeking certification must be prepared for additional requirements in the School of Education.
For Admission to Edinboro University:
- Transcript from a high school or equivalent preparatory program (Secondary School Report)
- SAT or ACT scores. Scores from the junior or senior year are accepted. Nontraditional students do not have to submit scores.
- Application for Admission. This may be obtained by calling the Admissions Office or submitting online.
- $30 application fee. Checks or money orders are nonrefundable and may be made payable to Edinboro University.
- A personal interview, if requested by the Admissions Office.
- Must comply with School of Education Clearance Requirements.
Music Education majors can expect to audition in the Music Department. They will be contacted for an audition after they are admitted to the University. For more information please visit the Music Department.
All students will enroll in Clearance Required courses. To prepare for this, they must obtain the appropriate state and federal clearances. Some students may be required to enter the field in their first semester, so they are advised to obtain clearances before they begin their coursework. This may take up to four weeks to complete. Clearance Requirements include:
- Act 34 State Police Criminal Record Check
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse History
- FBI Fingerprint check
- Additionally, students must obtain proof of a current TB test.
Additional information regarding these requirements can be found on the Student Teaching website. All students must turn in their paperwork and Clearance Requirements Form to their department office before enrolling in a Clearance Required Course.