Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Class Scheduling Information

  • Homect_img
  • Class Scheduling Information


Part of your obligation in pursuing a program of study is the careful planning of your program, including the selection of courses. Your academic advisor is your resource for assistance and counsel. You should have a long-term plan of study which includes courses that need to be taken in each succeeding semester. As you move through the plan of study, remaining courses will need to be planned with greater precision. By the time you have earned eighty (80) credits, a final plan of study (80-HOUR REVIEW) for your remaining terms at the University should be reviewed with your advisor. Keep such documents in a safe place.

  • For the forthcoming Semester or Session, select the course(s) you need from the class schedule on S.C.O.T.S.

  • Check your registration status on S.C.O.T.S. several days before class scheduling begins. If there are any holds from parking tickets, library fines, etc. on your record preventing registration, you must clear them.

  • The University recognizes that certain student populations may need to schedule classes around employment, family and other major life responsibilities. With this in mind, certain individuals are eligible for priority scheduling. Please contact the Registrar if you have any questions regarding your eligibility for priority registration. Click here to read the Edinboro University Priority Registration Policy.

  • Meet with your academic advisor in advance of your assigned scheduling date in order to schedule your classes, develop a class schedule, alternate courses, and obtain your Alternate PIN. The Alternate PIN, which is equivalent to his or her signature, is needed to schedule on S.C.O.T.S. Obtaining the Alternate PIN verifies the undergraduate student has received sufficient advice to schedule for the next academic term. For these reasons, only your advisor or department chairperson can provide the Alternate PIN. Please note that the Alternate PIN is different from the username or password needed to login to MyEdinboro. Please be sure to record your Alternate PIN so you can make adjustments to your schedule through the Add/Drop/Withdrawal period of that semester.

  • Use S.C.O.T.S. to schedule. These dates are listed on the Records and Registration homepage, as well as on the S.C.O.T.S. page of your personal record. To schedule students fairly, and to ensure you are scheduled promptly, there can be no exceptions to this schedule.

  • To finalize or secure your registration for the class schedule you create during scheduling, you must complete your financial arrangements, E-Reg, and attend your classes the first day. Failure to do so could result in loss of your class schedule.


    For optimal results, graduate students should schedule using S.C.O.T.S. The alternate PIN for all graduate students is 999999. NEITHER REGISTRATION REQUESTS NOR SCHEDULE CHANGES CAN BE PROCESSED VIA THE PHONE. Graduate students need special permission to enroll in a 500 level course fo graduate credit. . If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification. Graduate students should schedule themselves via S.C.O.T.S. for graduate level online course offerings, assuming all appropriate prerequisite course requirements have been met. Graduate students should contact their advisor with any questions concerning a program's prescribed course sequence.

    NOTE: Graduate students registering under "Special Student" status are not eligible for financial aid. Post-Baccalaureate teacher certification students are not eligible for graduate-level loans unless they are also admitted into a master's degree program. To be considered as a half-time student for financial aid purposes, a graduate student must be registered for 3 to 6 graduate-level credits. Or, if enrolled in undergraduate courses, the student must have 6 to 11 credits with one course being at the graduate level.


    Adult students (students 25 years and older or who are independent for financial aid purposes) may qualify for priority scheduling. Those who wish to apply for priority status can find instructions and the Adult Student Priority Scheduling Application online at, keyword “priority scheduling.” The application should be submitted to the Office for Adult Student Services. Scheduling for adult students with priority status will be held according to the scheduling dates calendar located in the Frequently Asked Questions section. Complete scheduling on S.C.O.T.S. for maximum priority. If you have a Public Information Hold on your records, you will only be able to register on S.C.O.T.S. or in person with photo identification.


    1. Edinboro University undergraduate students may audit undergraduate courses, and Edinboro University graduate students may audit undergraduate or graduate courses. Auditing involves participation in a course without accountability for credit purposes.

    2. Students must have the approval of their advisors and the instructors of the courses to be audited.

    3. An audited course will not be counted as part of the student's academic load and no credit will be received. Audited courses will be recorded on student transcripts as "AU."

    4. Students scheduling for audits will be given lowest priority for seat availability.

    5. After the expiration of the "add" period, students may not change audit status to credit or credit to audit.

    6. Students, with the exception of those age 62 or above and receiving social security or equivalent retirement benefits, must pay the Bursar's Office the established course credit fee for auditing courses.

    7. Petitions for credit by competency examinations will not be honored for courses audited by students


    FIRST DAT ATTENDANCE is required for all students in all classes. Students take note: You must attend on the first class day and make sure the instructor knows that you are present in the class. Intstructors will take attendance and report daily to the Office of Records and Registration throughout the "ADD" period. Any student whose name is marked "non-attend" will be removed from the class list, freeing seats for other students during the "ADD" period. Don't jeopardize your financial aid or your schedule.

    SPECIAL NOTE - Any student who does not wish to continue a class for which he/she is officially registered is expected to take all appropriate action to officially drop or withdraw from the course. Simple failure to attend a class is not sufficient to ensure removal of a course from your official record. If you fail to take the appropriate action by the published deadlines, you may lose refunds, lose financial aid including Stafford Loans, receive failing grades, and be charged for the balance of your tuition and fees. If you do not intend to remain in a course, it is the student's responsibility to drop or withdraw from the course. No one else will do it for you.


    Comprehensive final examinations are given only during the designated examination period of each semester. They are scheduled by the University and not by the individual instructor. Comprehensive final examinations will not be given during the week prior the designated exam period for each semester. Make-up examinations and/or non-comprehensive final exams previously scheduled on the syllabus may be given.  Students with special needs should make arrangements with their instructors.  All examinations or alternate methods of evaluation will be given in the same room in which the course normally meets during the semester unless otherwise indicated on the class schedule. Classes that use several rooms during the semester will have their final examination in the room in which they hold their first class of the week.

    CONFLICTS: Every attempt has been made to make this schedule conflict-free. If a student has two examinations scheduled at the same time or more than three examinations in one day, the student should try to resolve the conflict with the instructors involved.

    ABSENCE FROM FINAL EXAMINATIONS OR ALTERNATE METHODS: Absence from an examination or alternate method due to a medical emergency must be supported by a medical excuse. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the professor involved prior to exam time and supply the professor with a written medical excuse.

    FINAL EXAMINATION PUBLICITY: The final exams are included in the Master Class Schedule and can be viewed on SCOTS.

    For more information, click here


    Registration for these courses can be accomplished only after an approved application has been completed and filed with the Office of Records and Registration. Once the completed and signed application is received by the student, he/she must schedule the course with the Office of Records and Registration and make financial arrangements for payment of the appropriate fees prior to the proposed starting date of the course or internship. USE THE APPROPRIATE APPLICATION FORM. REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED ONLY IN THE OFFICE OF RECORDS AND REGISTRATION – NOT THROUGH S.C.O.T.S.


    Certain courses or sections of courses are indicated as being for majors only. If a student is registered for such a course or section of a course but is not enrolled in the appropriate major, he/she may be required to drop that section. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure he/she is qualified to enroll in such a course. A student who is required to drop a section of a course cannot be given a guarantee of enrollment in another section of the same course.


    The “Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory” grading option will be open to any undergraduate student who, at the start of the semester, is in good academic standing AND has more than thirty-one (31) earned semester hours. Students wishing to exercise the "Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory" grading option must do so during the “ADD” period of registration. Completed Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory forms, with all signatures, must be returned to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the last day to add. After opting for a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade, a student may not then elect to receive a letter grade in that course. For graduate students, the “S/U” grade may be used only in course ART 700 Seminar in Fine Arts. Students should contact the Office of Records and Registration and read the instructions and rules in the University Catalogs.

    Fall course offerings are typically available mid-March on S.C.O.T.S or the Public Access Class Schedule.

    Spring and Wintersession course offerings are typically available mid-October on S.C.O.T.S or the Public Access Class Schedule.

    Summer session course offerings are typically available mid-January on S.C.O.T.S or the Public Access Class Schedule.

    Class schedules are subject to change without notice. Please review S.C.O.T.S  and your student schedule frequently.

    Information regarding course materials and textbooks is avaiable at the Campus Bookstore. Course materials and textbooks are subject to change without notice.

    Online courses are accessed at

     Information regarding course descriptions can be viewed in the University Catalog.

    Information for Incoming Freshmen

     Class scheduling can be completed by logging into myEdinboro to access S.C.O.T.S. (Student Centered On-line Transaction System). Instructions for using S.C.O.T.S. are also available.

     For Undergraduate Admissions, please contact the Admissions Office (814-732-2761, 1-888-8GO-BORO, or via e-mail).

     For Graduate Admissions, please contact the School of Graduate Studies & Research (814-732-2856, 1-888-845-2890, or via e-mail).

     If you would like to re-enroll as an undergraduate student after a period of absence, please contact the Office of Records and Registrationforreinstatement (814-732-1986, or via e-mail).

     If you have any questions about this material, please contact us at: (814-732-3501 or via e-mail).



Spring 2015 Action Dates


Summer Session 2015 Calendar