Student Center Scheduling Priorities
First priority for space assignments in the Student Center shall be with University recognized student organizations, programs, and activities specifically for students and daily activities provided for the student population. A University student group is defined as one that is registered and the updated information is current with the Campus Life Office, recognized by SGA, and recognized by the University.
First Priority Groups:
1. Programs sponsored by recognized student organizations
2. Student Government Association
3. Annual University-Wide Events (Homecoming, Greek Week, Commencement, Family Weekend)
First Priority Groups ARE NOT CHARGED space rental fees for routine meetings or events open to the University community.
Second priority for space assignments shall be with University Faculty, Staff, and Administrative groups. This group is defined as one that is currently affiliated directly with the University.
Second Priority Groups:
1. Programs for students sponsored by academic or staff units of the University.
2. State Government Organizations.
3. Programs sponsored by academic or staff units of the University.
Second Priority Groups ARE NOT CHARGED space rental fees for routine meetings or events open to the University community. Additional labor fees for complex set-ups involving special staffing and operator fees for sound/lighting/A-V equipment may be charged.
Third priority for space assignments shall be with Non-University groups. A Non-University group is defined as one not currently affiliated directly with the University. Third Priority Groups can reserve meeting rooms and programming space up to 12 months in advance.
Third Priority Groups:
1. Off campus, not-for profit, organizations.
2. Commercial, for profit, organizations.
Third Priority Groups WILL BE CHARGED room rental fees and service fees for special set-ups, staffing for multimedia equipment operation, cleaning and/or after-hours access. Charges will be assessed regardless of attendance, location or admission/registration requirements. Direct costs for services such as parking, security, food services, etc. associated with the event may be charged. Third Priority Groups should contact Beth Zewe at 814-732-1420 in our Camps and Conferences Office to reserve space, as additional paperwork and certificates of insurance are required.
**All reservations are taken on a case by case basis, and some groups may reserve space further in advance than indicated above, based on the nature of the event and at the discretion of the Assistant Director of Student Center Operations.**
Event Services Information:
- General Reservation Guidelines
- Scheduling Priorities
- Extraordinary/Overtime Events
- Food Service
- Tips to Having a Successful Event
- Room Information and Data
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Information and Sales Tables
- Posters, Table Tents, and Literature
- Photo Gallery
- Room Availability
- Reservation Request Form (Please note that by submitting a form online, you are indicating that you have read, and agreed to, the guidelines for using space in the PSC)
- Event Feedback Form
- Student Center Home