Tips To Having a Successful Event
Four Easy Steps to Guarantee a Successful Event
1. Submit Reservation Request Form (available either at the Student Center Information Desk or online)
Please have the following information available when completing a reservation request form:
Type of event (meeting, dance, workshop, concert etc.)
Name of Event:
Date: Alternate date
Event time: (setup and teardown etc.)
If outdoors, is rain date or location needed?
Is admission being charged?
Is food being served? (If so, must be served by University Food Services Catering)
Equipment needed (ex. overhead, podium, etc.)
2. Check Status of Reservation Request
If request has been denied - see someone in the Campus Life Office.
If request has been granted - read all paperwork and meet all deadlines. Failure to Meet These Deadlines Can Result in Reservation Cancellation
Every effort is made to respond to requests in a timely manner. If you have not heard about the status of your request, contact the Campus Life Office so that the process can move forward.
3. Things to Discuss When Meeting with the Assistant Director of Student Center Operations:
Purpose of event (lecture, dance, etc.), target audience, etc.
General outline of event/program
Exact starting and ending times
Desired room setup and decorations
Type of and number of performers
Performer(s) Contract and Needs - Dressing Room, equipment, etc.
Additional entertainment? Music? Dancing?
Additional equipment needed?
Other Events - Will your event conflict with another event on campus?
Can your event be included in another group's activities?
Would another group be interested in co-sponsoring?
4. Other People You May Need to Meet With
University Food Service Catering - discuss food needs and setup
EUP Police - security needs and expectations, parking arrangements
University Facilities Office - set up and housekeeping needs
Event Services Information:
- General Reservation Guidelines
- Scheduling Priorities
- Extraordinary/Overtime Events
- Food Service
- Tips to Having a Successful Event
- Room Information and Data
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Information and Sales Tables
- Posters, Table Tents, and Literature
- Photo Gallery
- Room Availability
- Reservation Request Form (Please note that by submitting a form online, you are indicating that you have read, and agreed to, the guidelines for using space in the PSC)
- Event Feedback Form
- Student Center Home