Scholar of the Year Award
- Scholar of the Year Award
The Scholar of the Year Award recognizes current Edinboro University faculty who have made significant scholarly contributions to their disciplines and/or field of expertise.
Each department may nominate one tenured or tenure-track faculty candidate for the Scholar of the Year Award. The departmental nomination and supporting evidence, as determined by the nominee's department, is submitted to the Scholar of the Year committee.
The Scholar of the Year nomination should include the form, the nominee's curriculum vitae, departmental letter of support (that addresses mandatory and optional criteria) and additional evidence to support the nomination.
Mandatory Criteria for Nomination*:
The nominee will have:
- Published/presented peer-reviewed scholarship (as defined by the department) within the last five years.
- Established an extended and continuing record of commitment to scholarship (as determined by the nominee's department).
Optional/Additional Criteria for Nomination*:
The nominee may also have:
- Made a commitment to foster student scholarship.
- Been recognized by professional organizations for his/her scholarship.
- Made important contributions to his/her field (as determined by the nominee's department).
- Been awarded external funding to support a scholarly agenda.
- Conducted research projects specific to campus or regional issues.
- Made presentations at national and/or international conferences.
* Supporting Documentation Requested
Deadline for nominations: Friday, April 12, 2013