The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program that provides for training and education for workers whose jobs have been dislocated (WIOA).
What is the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)?
WIOA provides federal job training funds for adults and dislocated workers. Edinboro offers several certificate programs, as well as undergraduate and graduate degree programs that are approved for WIOA funding. For more information on WIOA, visit the following site:
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Steps for WIOA Applicants
WIOA benefits begin with the employer applying for participation in the program. You should verify that your employer has been approved to participate in WIOA by contacting the CareerLink Office in your county.
- If your employer has approved WIOA benefits, visit the PA CareerLink website at the Commonwealth Workforce Development System webpage to review area providers and programs approved for education and retraining. A list of approved Edinboro University degree and certificate programs for the current academic year can also be found at the following link: Edinboro University Approved Programs.
- Once you have identified the provider and program in which you are interested, speak with your CareerLink Office to complete the necessary paperwork.
- If you choose Edinboro University as a provider, apply for admission (application and deposit fees are waived for WIOA applicants offered admission).
For new students applying for undergraduate programs (associate and bachelor degrees), contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at:
Office of Admissions
200 East Normal Street
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: (814) 732-2761
Fax: (814) 732-2420
For previously enrolled Edinboro University students interested in undergraduate programs, fill out the Reinstatement Application available online.
For graduate programs (master degrees and certificate programs), contact the School of Graduate Studies and Research at:
School of Graduate Studies and Research
219 Meadville Street
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: (814) 732-2856
Fax: (814) 732-2611
- WIOA recipients are required to apply for federal and state aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The amount of your WIOA award may be reduced by the amount of grants/scholarships received.
- If you are accepted to Edinboro University, you should meet with the Transfer and Adult Student Services Office immediately to complete a two-year plan of study. WIOA students are required to be enrolled full-time during the fall and spring semesters (at least 12 credits for undergraduate programs and at least 9 credits for graduate programs), as well as during the summer.
- After a two-year plan of study is created, a budget will be developed by our Bursar's Office (based on your submitted plan of study) to cover your entire program, including tuition, fees and books, and entered on the PA CareerLink website. The local PA CareerLink counselor will review this information and notify Harrisburg. Upon approval, Edinboro University is then authorized to bill PA CareerLink for the successful completion of an academic term. Billing, therefore, will not be done until the end of the term. Students who withdraw from courses, receive incompletes, or fail, must contact the PA CareerLink counselor to determine the impact on their funding.
- You can charge your textbooks at the Campus Bookstore to your WIOA account by presenting your student ID card at the register.